Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

new admins and people who abuse admin.

I have noticed and increase in the number of admins who are new and have NO idea what there doing. but mostly its admins that use admin to break a rule. for instants, other admins cant mute other admins. do some admins spam ALOT. and know that they cant be muted about it, or give false orders. Its really a pain in the ass. I know there is a form were u can report admin abuse and such but its kinda hard to show that a person is spamming in a picture. also, when NEW or unexperianced admins think somthing is wrong its a never ending battle between whos right and wrong. I just really wish there was a way were new admins must read rules and or have to go through a trainning session or somthing. I know im not the only one experincing this.

When I first got admin about a month ago, I read the admin rules. I read the post from Lazarus about what to do and what not to do about certain situations. But even when I read em, and processed them in my mind, I still messed up occasionally. Getting mixed up between admin and all chat was the main 1 I was messing up on.

Ofcourse now, I have alot more experience. And I only mess up rarely =)

I understand Blackberry's point of view. There ARE admins that buy admin, JUST to exploit/take advantage. And there are those that JUST get admin and dont even read the rules.

Yes people pay to be an admin. More things to do, but also more responsibilities. Kinda like a trade off, except more positive > negative.

But all admins make mistakes. I sometimes freeslay and FK people. Unintentional ofcourse. I just started using mic about 2 weeks ago. Im still getting used to it. Never knew how hard it was to Lead tho LOL. Especially when T's always wanna give me a hug. Derps.

Edit: This is Jailbreak server im talking about. Im an admin too. *

New admins dont really give about the rules. Some admins start off good but most dont even read the rules untill they get in trouble.

After a while, if they didnt get their admin taken away already will adjust and become fairly good admins.

Like all admins or even players would say, we "dun goof'd". All players, including admins, make mistakes and we (the admins) try and punish ourselves for doing wrong (this is only if your a really good admin :) )

It would be good if we had some precautions to make new admins read the rules and abide to them other than trusting that players will report wrong doings

But see its not like its there first time or second its NONE STOP. its really stupid. And when a NEW admin judges an admin ,that knows all the rules, judgements. and i can take demos. can take videos on my mac with quick time. but it dosnt record sound. i really wish there was a sertant level that an admin can get to were he has more controll than other admins. and yes i do know there is "trusted admin" and staff members, but there not always on during situations like this is going on. and i am an admin, i do know all the rules and such and it hurts to see other admins breaking the rules.

When I first got admin about a month ago, I read the admin rules. I read the post from Lazarus about what to do and what not to do about certain situations. But even when I read em, and processed them in my mind, I still messed up occasionally. Getting mixed up between admin and all chat was the main 1 I was messing up on.

Ofcourse now, I have alot more experience. And I only mess up rarely =)

I understand Blackberry's point of view. There ARE admins that buy admin, JUST to exploit/take advantage. And there are those that JUST get admin and dont even read the rules.

Yes people pay to be an admin. More things to do, but also more responsibilities. Kinda like a trade off, except more positive > negative.

But all admins make mistakes. I sometimes freeslay and FK people. Unintentional ofcourse. I just started using mic about 2 weeks ago. Im still getting used to it. Never knew how hard it was to Lead tho LOL. Especially when T's always wanna give me a hug. Derps.

Edit: This is Jailbreak server im talking about. Im an admin too. *

Long story short, if you're an admin and you fuck up, I'll let you know. There is an "Admin Watch," and it's the other admins. Checks and Balances, James Monroe style.

I like to think im a reasonable admin, again as a few above comments say, i do make mistakes but if i do i slay myself beginning of next round (in JB) to make it fair. I dont like doing it because it means i have 5 minutes of boredom! but i do it! The one thing i do get frustrated at is that EVERYONE (usually) moans about a freekill but because you didnt see it you cant do anything about it! altho i understand why, it really hurts because you know they are probably right. more than once ive slayed someone on the basis of others suggestions but only because i know what they are like. The other thing i get annoyed at which is also above is when admins spam music *cough* dr Obvious ;) *cough* during a round. Obvious isnt too bad when he does it as it is during lr normally but yeaa, still gets annoying sometimes :L

I like to think im a reasonable admin, again as a few above comments say, i do make mistakes but if i do i slay myself beginning of next round (in JB) to make it fair. I dont like doing it because it means i have 5 minutes of boredom! but i do it! The one thing i do get frustrated at is that EVERYONE (usually) moans about a freekill but because you didnt see it you cant do anything about it! altho i understand why, it really hurts because you know they are probably right. more than once ive slayed someone on the basis of others suggestions but only because i know what they are like. The other thing i get annoyed at which is also above is when admins spam music *cough* dr Obvious ;) *cough* during a round. Obvious isnt too bad when he does it as it is during lr normally but yeaa, still gets annoying sometimes :L

haha, i try to keep my spam to only wardays, some freedays, 300 and games that require its. And lr. So compared to a real spammer, im just a responsible spammer. BUT PLEASE DO REMEBER, if you want me to stop, just say in admin chat! I wont be happy to stop but i will :)

Never knew how hard it was to Lead tho LOL. Especially when T's always wanna give me a hug. Derps.

I'm the one that likes hugging you bearthuggg :).... anyway yeah, there has been sort of an influx in new admins and it would be sooo beneficial if they were required to read the rules, or possibly if there was a mentor system in place some how, to help train those who are "newbs". It does get frustrating not being able to take action against abusive admins, new and old.

Long story short, if you're an admin and you fuck up, I'll let you know. There is an "Admin Watch," and it's the other admins. Checks and Balances, James Monroe style.

Who are you again? I thought you went to EGO?

i actully agree with this, maybe haveing poeple who just review the admins after they buy talk to them for a bit even if there just typeing could show we are doing something about random ass hats just comeing in and buying admin to abuse it, nothing necessarily needs to be done but an advanced "this guy could be a problem" i think would do quite a bit for the clan, not only would we possibly see a little bit more recruits but a slight decrease in morons buying admin also.