Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Premium Features - Who thought this was a good idea?

Jschmuck2

It's not.

Infinite cloak? Which means a permanent 90% dmg reduction on dead ringer spies.

Instant respawn?

This is going to absolutely *kill* the dustbowl server and I'm someone who has these crazy powers.

I think leaving things this was is a bad idea.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I am a regular and vip in the HooDoo server. I noticed yesterday we increased teh slots to 32 which I actually think is a good idea because it stayed full for a good bit of time. The new VIP perks however I think is driving people nuts and making people rage quit....just my 2 cents :)

Hey guys, I was planning to buy Admin for the Hoodoo Payload server in April until I noticed these changes today.

HG isn't getting my money now, and you've just lost a regular player of your servers for the past 8 months. Thanks guys! Also, with all the changes for VIP you still managed to not fix the team-scramble protection and Reserved Slot for VIP's. Priorities = wow.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER

Wait the top20 vip features or the purchaseable premium?

It's a little bit of both.

I accidentally came across Premium access by my bound "sm_admin" key and was able to equip myself with a one-shot, instant kill Rocket launcher and a Spy's Shogun knife. My mistake was letting the other VIPs know about it.

As for the VIP, the Spy is OP'd. The speed might be too much.

Hey guys, I was planning to buy Admin for the Hoodoo Payload server in April until I noticed these changes today.

HG isn't getting my money now, and you've just lost a regular player of your servers for the past 8 months. Thanks guys! Also, with all the changes for VIP you still managed to not fix the team-scramble protection and Reserved Slot for VIP's. Priorities = wow.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER

I'm quite curious as to how you say its ruined forever when its something thats easily fixable. but k.

anyways if it is really that bad it will be taken care of, why come on here and rage saying we lost a player? do you think that its a bad thing losing a player that makes posts like that? i think not!

I'm quite curious as to how you say its ruined forever when its something thats easily fixable. but k.

anyways if it is really that bad it will be taken care of, why come on here and rage saying we lost a player? do you think that its a bad thing losing a player that makes posts like that? i think not!

My guess is some of this will be changed, after all, we dont want another Night Team. If youve played on their servers and typed the trial you will know what I mean. i think that cloak is a bit much, same with speed. but other than that, Vip just needs to have better rolls, or a decreased roll time. Its possible that this may not change, which will disappoint me

If we can get enough voices we will be heard.

But unfortunately, that doesnt mean we will be agreed with

It really has to be taken care of. VIP's are so incredibly powerful it's like the other players shouldn't even bother showing up.

Invulnerability at the end of the round is good, maybe a decreased roll time but the speed/cloak/health/ammo combo is ridiculous.

It's not fun to play here anymore :(

I posted in another thread about this but here I want to provide solutions to this for the sake of balance. After speaking with several players there seems to be a consensus about what is and isn't fair. First of all speed, infinite cloak, cloak health regen, 20 sandman balls, and 10 jarates is plain broken and need to be removed. All the cosmetic effects are fine they don't affect gameplay. Having a bit more ammo at spawn is fine because you go back to normal after the first reload. Personally I like the 400 metal at spawn that's just me. Lastly the 50 health for a kill, 25 health for assist is way to much health. It makes people practically invincible. If that needs to be kept lower the amount to something like 15 health (aka blackbox) but remove the effect for Engineers due to the massive amount of assists and kills they get with sentries. Oh yeah, premium weapons is pretty broken too. Hell who needs to have pyros spy check when I can give my engineer a flamethrower and spy check myself. Remember the name of the game is TEAM fortress not Call of Duty: Fortress of Solitude. Anywho, please fix this. Your servers are now empty. Everyone I've met today in the hoddoo server is pissed off, raged quit, and doesn't want anything to do with HG servers till this is fixed.

Guest Batters

just an idea, if you create a poll if the majority vote in favour of removing the mod it will be removed. might be worth a try if it really is that bad!

I registered just to add my disagreement with the new VIP features. I've played for a while and am a VIP on the Goldrush server. I love the server and thank HG for that.

I think it's a great idea to give some premium features to VIP but not so much that drastically change the game. Instant respawn, ammo, glowing/color I think are cool ideas which only change the cosmetic/convenience of the player. The speed and infinite cloak I do not agree with. The first round I played spy I crushed every one of my personal records and it could not have been fun for the other team. It took away the fun even for me since it required little effort on my part to completely decimate the opposing team.

Guest Batters
Where is this pole? Where may I express may hatred of this mod?

the op of the thread can set one up, although im not sure if its possible to edit in a poll, i think it is though. alternativly set one up :)

Guest The_Monkey

I understand everyone's concerns. We are currently changing the mod to be more fair.

I don't for see an absolute removal of the mod. This mod is being put into affect in order to help fund our servers, and the dozens of servers we just launched.

Dirty has already ticked back some of the effects.

More changes are coming shortly.

Did some more testing of giving weapons. Honestly this entire feature needs to be removed due to the gamebreaking nature of it. For example, giving engies a flamethrower? Self Spy checking go! Or better yet give the spy a backburner. It doesn't take off his disguise and he can pass off as a real pyro! Destroy entire sentry nests with a sapper and a backburner! Yeah it's enraging if you can imagine. Please remove this OR only give it to admins or something.