Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Premium Features - Who thought this was a good idea?

Jschmuck2

Unlimited cloak needs to go as well. Same with massive health and damage bonuses

It has.

So far they've gotten rid of:

No more speed boost

No more gravity reduction

No more Spy Clock regen health

No more Infinite Cloak

Reduced Health on kill/assist (now 10)

They've kept all the cosmetic changes

You still have a bigger ammo clip at start

Better RTD rolls

Also they still haven't fixed reserved slots

Or auto-balancing issues. Yes VIP's still get auto-balanced.

Edit: How does the detect Dead Ringer kills work?

Edited by Dynas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite curious as to how you say its ruined forever when its something thats easily fixable. but k.

anyways if it is really that bad it will be taken care of, why come on here and rage saying we lost a player? do you think that its a bad thing losing a player that makes posts like that? i think not!

Its not just the one player, me and my brother are probably going to stop playing on HG Hoodo as well, and, not to sound arrogant, but we are among the better players on the server (though we don't play enough to stay top 20 for more than a little while at a time)

Edit: we are "Dreksob" and "Jareedos" (yes, he gave me permission to post for him)

Edited by Dreksob

Looks like everything as far as I can tell is either disabled, or removed (or so reduced u don't notice it) and all is once more right with the world of HG TF2 on the servers!!!!!!! !!

WHOOOHOOOOO!!!! NO more hacks for the admins or VIP...heheh

Thank you to Dirty and all those that listened and read the posts here and helped fix things back up :)

Vixy

Guest Batters
You should care. These people are potential paying customers and you treat them like that? Nice attitude sir.

i agree but on the other hand, it started off being constructive and everyone started to just moan and moan and moan. Terry was just bringing it back on topic in my view!

Guest Batters
Well neither did I till today. A red pyro with that light blue skin came up to our team and we thought we was one of us, then he just took us all out.

that wasnt very nice of him ;)

i agree but on the other hand, it started off being constructive and everyone started to just moan and moan and moan. Terry was just bringing it back on topic in my view!

Constructive, when possible, is always better, but I think it is easy for people to become very emotional about things that actually matter to them and we should be glad that so many care about playing with HG and that any even took the time to register to post their thoughts at all (good or bad).

I am personally glad to see so many come out to voice their feelings on this matter and do not see any reason their voices should not have been welcomed or heard, just like their presence would be welcomed in the servers.

I am just very glad that those in charge of the servers listened. Thank you again!

Edited by VIXEN

Guest Batters
Constructive, when possible, is always better, but I think it is easy for people to become very emotional about things that actually matter to them and we should be glad that so many care about playing with HG and that any even took the time to register to post their thoughts at all (good or bad).

I am personally glad to see so many come out to voice their feelings on this matter and do not see any reason their voices should not have been welcomed or heard, just like their presence would be welcomed in the servers.

i do understand this of course, but i also think that people have just come in to say that they dont/wont play on this server until its fixed and maybe ever again. this is what i think is wrong and this is what i think terry was getting at, i may be wrong but i think that :)

Noone cares if you're going to quit playing. This thread is for constructive criticism on what needs improvement, not to complain like children. Thanks.

My point is that even tho there a only a few of us that have come on to the forum to say something, we represent a fairly large number of people that might leave, and if we leave, and all that's left are the vip players, the server will "die". Because non-vip, regulars make up a good part of the good players on the server, and nobody wants to play teams of bots, or bad players.

Of course, i may be completely wrong in my assumption that most of the good players don't pay for vip, but i can kill most of them once the round ends, so i think i am correct

Finally, i wasnt trying to make some sort of "so there" statement, i like(ed?) playing on HG servers and don't want that experience to end, so i was trying to call attention to the fact that the new mods are(where?) wrecking the server

i like(ed?) playing on HG servers and don't want that experience to end, so i was trying to call attention to the fact that the new mods are(where?) wrecking the server

This is the only part relevant to the thread.

To the others that are giving feedback without threatening to leave with their crew if its not fixed immediately, thank you.

Listen up, Please. This WAS a constructive forum thread, but some people had to continue to complian about a non issue. All perks have been nulled or diluted, so now we are left with skins, chat colors, +10 health on kill or assist, and a minimal gravity and sppeed boost. only ammo has remained, and as long I there are no increased clip sizes, I am fine, because really, who wants a 6 rocket soldier. The only time clips give a big advantage is with pyro and heavy, who have no-reload ammo in their primaries. Overall, this forum thread is void and should be resolved to advice on changes, and us dropping on our knees thanking Dirty and other high ranked officials for solving this in such a timely manner.

Regardless of all the complaining, if you look at the stats, almost all of the TF2 Servers are still full

Dustbowl did take a while to get there, but I could just assume that it was because of school/work.

Anyway, I would have to say that the situation has been fixed. All VIPs have now from when the Premium perks came in are the positive rtds, and that isn't part of the premium and I think it doesn't affect the game enough to be an issue unless VIPs stack.

Thank you for the changes.

Dreksob is correct on the server "population" thing, most of the time it's filled with bots, I've noticed it as well. Not a big fan but it works for the most part.

That only started hapening when the new VIP perks came on, before that you could get a good game for almost any time of the day, and it seems to be recovering nicely now that they are gone

Edited by Dreksob

the biggest problem that i see is that any perks given to vip players have the potential to "break" the server. even something small like a slightly faster reload time can "break" the game if you get vip's stacked on one team, and that happens fairly often. So instead of gameplay perks add other perks, like team swapping and no death after the round, and no class limit, etc