Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

About recent complaints...

F34rTheV3n0m

In spite of the new VIP features added to TF2 and extended to more CSS servers, a lot of people have come to the forums to express there feelings. Obviously all these changes are disliked and are turning players away, even regulars are drifting away.

In my opinion, we need another community wide meeting for people to ask questions about the community, and/or complain about certain aspects, and/or suggest new things.

Certain changes have been made and hardly any people know about them. Examples are: transition of server provider and the new ad in the MOTD of the servers. Almost everyone also do not fully understand how servers are kept running. I am one of those people. In my eyes, the only HG is funding servers is getting donations from the anyone in the community. As HG adds more servers, the donation goal rises. Of course, I understand this goal isn't always met, so I am to reason that the money admins pay, for those who pay for it, is used to fund server costs too. I recall that any surplus money received is saved and used for later times, when the donation goal is reached or to add more servers or features. It's getting to the point where HG is just trying to make a big profit. Like I said, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Which is why I suggest for another meeting, to explain all this.

If you are using admin money and ad money for funding servers, then why ask so much from the community?

Short Version: We need another community wide meeting.

Most of my feelings/emotions have been spoken through this thread.

Guest Batters

i would agree, i think the last meeting went well and got lots of views from people that may not have been heard otherwise. Perhaps this time tho, make it a bit earlier im in EU and i stayed up till 2am to keep listening but didnt finish it still!

This is a great idea, this way we can handle the problems in a calm manner. Many of the post are just rage but have important things to say, like we are losing people in office. Also from what i hear and see we are losing tf2. The hats and stuff are cool for jailbreak but would be better put on minigames than a real server like office. The hats screw up headshots, I think thats the main thing that makes people rage. I dont know about tf2 but all in all a meeting sounds like a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I don't care how the servers are paid for. If something changes, other players can just tell the players in the server if they do something wrong. People who have access to the Steam Group and Forums can post updates as well. If they want to make profit, all the power to them.