Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Please listen carefully:

ZEE SUPER GERMAN!

well, its not like it helps that we have so many servers. i mean sure it will help if more people see the servers because there are more of them but theres seldom anyone in them, let alone the good ones. i say we minimize our servers, focus on a few really good ones, and go from there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The_Monkey
well, its not like it helps that we have so many servers. i mean sure it will help if more people see the servers because there are more of them but theres seldom anyone in them, let alone the good ones. i say we minimize our servers, focus on a few really good ones, and go from there.

I'm disagreeing so hard right now. If only you could see it.

Maintaining the servers is the easy part. Having various flavors is a good thing. Don't knock it.

We can't all fit into hoodoo at the same time.

Monkey's right, more servers=more variety=more range of people depending on what maps they play=more HG members.

Reading all these comments has really made me happy, knowing that many people understand the balance issue with TF2. This game is designed to be extremely balanced in its gameplay. It's not one of those games where you can dramatically change while keeping balance, and I'm sorry to say this people, but TF2 is just not CSS.

tl;dr TF2 is not CSS

Edit: Oh and Monkey, I'd bring this up in Skype but I don't have a microphone atm, friend borrowed it and lost it =X I'll see if I can bring it up at the next E.M meeting or Skype when I get another one.

Guest The_Monkey
Edit: Oh and Monkey, I'd bring this up in Skype but I don't have a microphone atm, friend borrowed it and lost it =X I'll see if I can bring it up at the next E.M meeting or Skype when I get another one.

Who uses skype to talk? We have a manager's chat that you can type in. I already added you to it.

Yes, that is why I proposed that each class get different perks to balance the classes. As a community, we can decide what those are.

while its true that individual bonuses could help to not unbalance the game, they have to be though out very carefully.

One of the main problems with vip perks is that (at least on hoodo) most of the VIP are good players (or perhaps they are good because of the vip, but i doubt it) So even a small perk will unbalance the game.

Think of it like boxing, if you assume all the world champions are of equal skill, then pitting a heavyweight vs a light heavyweight is almost always going to come out as a victory for the heavyweight. But the world champion light heavyweight could probably beat an unranked heavyweight, or at least it might be a fair fight.

So if you give vip perks, its basically taking two people of even skills (or uneven skills in favor of the vip) and then moving the vip up a weight class, unless said perks are thought out very carefully.

having said that, i have some suggestions, I think snipers would be ok to have a +10hp on a kill. It would give them just a little extra hp to get away, but it wouldn't make them op, because most of their kills are at range. (might be a problem with the huntsman tho)

give demos and rockets a slight movement boost, it will allow them to get to the battlefield, but as long as it is only a slight movement boost, it wont change much by way of how they fight.

Give pyros a slightly longer burn time, like 2 seconds, it would help them get a few more kills after the battle, and it would help them kill spies, but it would do so without changing the actual battle very much. (i think it would help with post-mortem kills) (might be a problem with the deagreaser+axestinguisher (dunno if thats spelled right))

thats all i can think of atm.

I'm disagreeing so hard right now. If only you could see it.

Maintaining the servers is the easy part. Having various flavors is a good thing. Don't knock it.

We can't all fit into hoodoo at the same time.

i guess i see what you mean. but even then, we should still get rid of RTD on a few at least. Maybe lost the fake player count on all of them. and yes, i know that valve has designed the bot AI's but it doesnt mean we have to use them.

Rather than the list Homer made, I suggest

- WORKING Reserved Slots w/ console connect

- Auto-balance immunity

- Ping Immunity

- Immunity to the class limiter

- Round end protection

- Extreme speed boost at end round win or lose.

- Colored chat

- In-game chat ads disabled

- Ability to use !swapteam/!Dark/!glow

- More health on spawn (Degradable like overheal) -

- Low gravity -

- Spy cloak Replenish Increase

- Special player color

- Changeable field of view

- 15% (Stacks with Vita-Saw) ubercharge on spawn

- Medic: Ability to drop med kits at cost of ubercharge

- Can have unusual effects added to player's equips

- Custom headwear

- Can start map/kick/ban/mapskip votes

- Out of spawn immunity (5 Seconds)

- Slightly Faster recharge (Buff Banner/Targe etc.)

- Less ammo consumption on sentries

Edited by Mx_Paladin -Asian-

- Auto-balance immunity

- Ping Immunity

- Round end protection

- Colored chat

- Special player color

- Custom headwear

That's what I would accept.

- Auto-balance immunity

- Ping Immunity

- Round end protection

- Colored chat

- More health on spawn (Degradable like overheal) -

- Low gravity -

- Spy cloak Replenish Increase

- Special player color

- 15% (Stacks with Vita-Saw) ubercharge on spawn

- Medic: Ability to drop med kits at cost of ubercharge

- Custom headwear

- Slightly Faster recharge (Buff Banner/Targe etc.)

except for the spy cloak thing (spies are good enough already) i would take it,

be careful with the field of view thing, don't wanna let people use it to cheat (like using it to spot enemies to snipe through i tiny hole)

and be careful with the colors, gotta have a special color for each team.

no console connect tho, or at least a restricted console, its way to easy to cheat w/console.

with console connect, if the server is full, it kicks somebody who isn't vip so you can get into the server.

oo, i thought it meant they could access the console in-game. then its fine.

if they can access the console then they can give themselves any weap (engi w/flamethrower) (or the army of one)