Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Please listen carefully:

ZEE SUPER GERMAN!

Team Fortress 2 is one of the best games out there, renowned for how balanced it is. The developers spend a great deal of time perfecting the game. There are some thing on our servers that the developers didn't include in the actual game(and for a reason too).

Roll the Dice breaks the balance of the game. There's no pussyfooting around that fact. It might make one person have lots of fun, but it pisses everyone else off. Invisible pyros, insta-kill heavies, toxic spies, NONE of these things should be in the game EVER.

Bots...now, bots aren't necessarily a BAD thing, but these bots that we're using for our servers are just plain retarded. And even worse, these retard-bots are equipped with auto-aim, an uncanny ability to tell who's a spy, and fucked-up gravity. They also like to keep running into walls and become completely useless(just play on Red team on Badwater Basin, just do it. You'll see what I mean).

I love our servers, but I honestly think we need to remove these features, including that fake player-count we have for most of our servers. We shouldn't have to lie to our players JUST to get them to come to our servers. I normally blacklist servers that have fake counts like that, and I'm sure a lot of other people do too.

Please, take this from a dedicated player: KEEP TF2 LIKE TF2!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the bots too. They try to shoot the wall like frigging retards. Fake count lessens my respect honestly. As long as an HG server I'll play it, I personally don't care about an amount of players. And yes Roll the Dice is a totally unfair advantage to the other players, unless you get a bad one. Got to agree with him.

i find the bots annoying as well, but nothing worth changing, and i personally like the rtd feature, it shakes things up, and it usually ends up rather balanced (even tho there are sometimes toxic, godmode, or instakill wins) the fake player amounts aren't really an issue because i really am only playing hg servers recently, and so when i want to play im going to play regardless of how many other peeps are on

Edited by Dreksob

if there was a thank button you can bet i'd be pushing it. i don't even own tf2 yet but this makes total sense. I've played it a few times and adding things like these into servers is cool...but only for the people who get it. to make 1 person happy and have the majority of the players unhappy doesn't seem like the best decision to me.

Just make the bots a little smarter but don't remove them. Its good fun for me and my friends at 2 in the morning when the servers are empty and we just basically come up with new ways of killing the bots. Now the matter of rtd. Yes it does ruin gameplay but our servers are popular for the rtd feature. Some players in the servers actually play there for the rtd feature. If it's possible, just have one server with rtd and another server without it.

The thing, though, is that we can't make these bots smarter. I've asked around and we can't really do much of anything with these bots cause we didn't write the coding for the bots. So unless someone finds smarter bots(hopefully Valve will finish making bots for all the maps here soon), then I say that we just remove them until we do.

I know that our servers are known for rtd, but do we really want to be known for not having any serious TF2 servers? I mean, having SOME rtd servers are fine, but at least leave a few of them non-rtd(I suggest the 24/7 maps with classic maps, like Badwater, Goldrush, etc.) But seriously, I have a few friends who won't even play on any of our servers because of rtd. If people want rtd, then they can join one of our servers that has it. If they're more like me and DON'T want an invulnerable toxic scout standing infront of the enemy's spawn doors, then they can join a server without it.

And for the fake playercount, even if some of us here ONLY play HG servers, what about the pups hopping around looking for servers? Do you think people WANT to join a clan that lies about its server info? If I want to play a low-playercount game, I'll join one. Nothing pisses people off like letting them think they found a full server, only to find that they are the ONLY human player in the server while both teams are composed of bots that play like one-armed, aimbotting children with downs syndrome!

Edited by ZEE SUPER GERMAN!

RTD is up to Dirty.

TF2 Premium will be back but with minimal features, no more Weapons menu, etc. I will keep the game balanced as possible while still needing our many TF2 servers to generate some kind of money to pay for costs to operate..

This reminds me of the good old times with my no clip engie on hoodoo.

Anyways, RTD is really like a double-edge sword, we lure certain players looking for a more loose skill environment. Which is all fun and all but I agree, we need serious servers.

I for one can't stand fast respawns and rtd, sure me getting toxic spy is a blast at times but it's just not for me.

As for fake playercount, I think it's fine, and agree with digi, we just need more realistic bots, and a suggestion, let bots' only class selection to be pyro, medic, demo or soldier. Our current sniper bots are too *good*, heavy bots have no intelligence, engineers build in the most dumbest spots, and don't get me start on the effectiveness on scouts and spy bots.

No, I like that idea better. It keeps people from all rolling at once so as to steamroll the other team if 2 or 3 people get a REALLY good one! If ANYTHING, rtd should be more of a risk. It CAN save your ass if you need it, but never should people have to rely on rtd to win the game. But still I'd rather just get rid of it =P

Ive heard it said that rtd makes for a lesser required skill set, but hg servers still have the highest average skill of the servers i have played, where do you find higher skill servers?

edit: it originally said a looser required skill set, my bad it was a typo

Edited by Dreksob

Please keep the RTD, as this is the very thing that makes HG servers more fun than the other servers out there. It is the primary reason that I started playing exclusively at HG servers and is also what prompted me to join the group initially, although I have grown to love it here and would not leave.

Also, the bots are not the best, but sadly are what starts to fill the server many days, so I think they are critical to keeping the servers populated.

Edited by VIXEN

Then why even have rtd in if nobody will use it?

Because some might still use it, like German said, to save their ass, but it no longer is the reason for a game win(often)

An alteritive would be giving red a lower cooldown time or increasing blu cooldown time to balance the rtd advantage to blu.

Some serious servers is not a bad idea either.

Our servers have no problem with population, we're doing something right?. RTD is what makes our servers different. Either you like it, or you don't. Players come back to our servers because of it. As for bots, they help fill the server with real players. Would you really stay in a server if there's no players at all, or would you rather have some bots to kill till more players show up?

To keep everyone happy HG will be launching vanilla servers.

Edited by Dirty
Edited for readability.

Our servers have no problem with population, we're doing something right?. RTD is what makes our servers different. Either you like it, or you don't. Players come back to our servers because of it. As for bots, they help fill the server with real players. Would you really stay in a server if there's no players at all, or would you rather have some bots to kill till more players show up?

To keep everyone happy and stop the crying HG will be launching vanilla servers.

I completely agree with what Dirty is saying here.