Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Please listen carefully:

ZEE SUPER GERMAN!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone including myself who plays in HooDoo enjoys RTD. Yes we complain when we roll a taunt or explode, but hey it's only 20 seconds!!! I look at RTD as like a lottery ticket. You either get something good or you don't. I've seen myself get god mode and think im' going to dominate, only to meet a pyro who leaves me suspended in the air waiting to get raped once I lose the god mode. Or I could get toxic and be in a hurry to just run into people only to run into a level 3 sentry (MOST OF THE TIME). So in my opinion I really don't think it's all that bad...I like it!

Our servers have no problem with population, we're doing something right?. RTD is what makes our servers different. Either you like it, or you don't. Players come back to our servers because of it. As for bots, they help fill the server with real players. Would you really stay in a server if there's no players at all, or would you rather have some bots to kill till more players show up?

To keep everyone happy HG will be launching vanilla servers.

=D Solution found!

Original map rotation server? No bots or rtd! Would we still have top 20 and vip?

i can see the idea a little, vip gives some game play advantages, but rtd can even that out (vip dosnt do much against godmode or toxic). but i dont think it will be any different ultimately, in the short run rtd can give one team an advantage, but it balances overall. Unless you have a vip-stacked team, because they get better rolls (i think.)

ps: Anybody know if there will be a 24/7 hoodo "vanilla" or "serious" server? or at least a 24/7 payload map server?

vip perks like a slight speed increase or health and ammo boosts upset vinilla servers, but rtd evens that slightly. Both are equally unfair.

I'm pretty sure that the vanilla servers are not going to have the rtd mod in them. There's nothing wrong with vip if the mod isn't enabled. vip's get end of round immunity, team balance immunity, and reserved slot. It also helps HG get money from the server when people buy vip.

I am 95% sure that vip still gets a slight speed increase, extra start ammo, and +15 health on kill. How is this vanilla?

Have you played recently? They got rid of this practically the day after they implemented it. However, I am sad that ALL the features were removed. I understand why, but the cosmetic features were completely fine imo.

Have you played recently? They got rid of this practically the day after they implemented it. However, I am sad that ALL the features were removed. I understand why, but the cosmetic features were completely fine imo.

These features will be back but certain things are being removed and tuned down so gameplay is fair. I assume vip and top20 will be on the vanilla servers but with even less features for the gameplay. Some parts to the vip like reserved slots is a must.

Only things I want to see in vip(if there's even vip) for a vanilla server is Humiliation Immunity, Teamswitch Immunity, and Reserved Slot. Anything else would make the gameplay unbalanced. Also Unknown, as you can tell from the shitstorm brewing, all those features have already been removed LONG ago for vip's.

These features will be back but certain things are being removed and tuned down so gameplay is fair. I assume vip and top20 will be on the vanilla servers but with even less features for the gameplay. Some parts to the vip like reserved slots is a must.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that if game-breaking vip bonuses are reinstated, then I'll just stop playing HG servers. I can barely tolerate rtd(because honestly, it CAN be fun whenever I remember that I have say rtd binded to my - key), but I know I'll just go rage-mode when I see the killcam of the scout who killed me, who I KNOW is a vip, and the only reason he killed me was because he had an extra shot in his gun or 10 more health than he should've.

I beg you, if we're going to have servers that give vip bonuses like that, then we HAVE to have some vanilla ones without it.

Sounds good, we will.

Adjusted TF2 Premium for non-vanilla servers will be the following:

- WORKING Reserved Slots w/ console connect

- Auto-balance immunity

- Immunity to the class limiter

- Round end protection

- Colored chat

- In-game chat ads disabled

- Ability to use !glow

- Ability to use !dark

- Ability to use !swapteam

- More health on spawn - adjusted and minimized

- Faster movement speed - adjusted and minimized

- Low gravity - adjusted and minimized

- Larger clip size - 2+

- Infinite Spy cloak - awaiting feedback

- Regenerating health when cloaked

- Health bonuses on kills and assists - adjusted and minimized

- Special player color

- Changeable field of view

- Semi-filled ubercharge on spawn

- More metal

- Instant respawn

- Detection of Dead Ringer kills

What was removed:

- Access to 62 Premium Weapons

The advantages are minimal, many visual knick-knacks. This has to be done to support our fleet of TF2 servers if we want to continue to be well known on the board.

Sounds good, we will.

- Auto-balance immunity

- Round end protection

- Colored chat

- Ability to use !glow

- Ability to use !dark

- Larger clip size - 2+

- Special player color

- More metal

- Instant respawn

What was removed:

The advantages are minimal, many visual knick-knacks. This has to be done to support our fleet of TF2 servers if we want to continue to be well known on the board.

are you serious, thats going to totally destroy the balance, it makes spies basically invulnerable to anybody but a vip pyro. even a regular pyro cant do anything against a vip spy, not if they outrun pyros and regenerate all the hp they lost.

The larger clip is going to completely unbalance the solder/engi balance, if a solder can just pop out and destroy a sentry whats the point in building them (currently, if its being healed, a turret can take 4 hits from a solder without being broken.

even if its minimized, the hp bonus on kills will totally destabilize the balance, what if a solder uses one of the horns, and gets 5 or 6 assists in a row, or an engineer who is basically godmode because every time his turret kills somebody or gets an assist, he gets more hp.

That would render even group attacks useless because they wouldn't be able to kill the engineer because he would be getting more hp all the time, its already almost impossible to kill an engi hiding behind his turret if he has a dispenser behind him.

the instant re-spawn is possible the most ridiculous part of this whole thing, i usually kill 2 or 3 people before i die as a heavy, at a minimum. But whats the point if everybody i kill just comes right back, you get a slight imbalance in vip's and this will make the game pointless, because the team with less will just loose to an overwhelming number of bullets, rockets, arrows etc. Regardless of skill.

The immunity to class limiter can totally wreck the game, can you imagine trying to kill a well dug in group of 10 engineers? if the engineers have any skill at hall, it would be impossible.

If the bonus hp works like a medic overhealing somebody and goes away it shouldn't be to bad, but if it makes a higher max hp, it will wreck the game,

how do you kill a 330 hp heavy who is being healed, moves faster than he should, jumps into windows he shouldn't be able to, and comes back in 5 seconds when he is killed?

how do you stop a spy that can only be killed by vip pyros, and they cant even see him because he has unlimited cloak? whats the point in being engi if an unkillable spy is just going to kill all of your stuff anyways?

there are probably an almost endless number of little ways this will wreck the game, i just listed the major ones i could think of in the time it took to write that post,

think about it, if in two minutes i can think of that many ways this will wreck the game, it means there are probably dozens more major imbalances this will create

Edited by Dreksob

lose the spy cloak, it makes dead ringer overpowered(I have played with unlimited cloak, I was invincible)

Clip size is good on all but solly.(Add 150% max ammo in rtd servers)

Edit: added metal to enjis eaves balance

Player colors need to still be team distictive(I heard that a red pyro took a blu skin and was disguised

Regen health cloak is unfair because C&D spys get free health for ever

Ubercharge on spawn is fair, but only as it is no more than 10%

Instant respawn needs to be a decreased respawn, so if it would take 10 sec, it now takes 5

Assist hp needs to go, and +10 hp on kill is the fairest without overpowering

Trty overheal at spawn, but not increased max health, it provides a starting bonus, but goes away, to even the field of play

Either perks need to be difffernt for each class to make balances the same, or do away with teamswitch and class limiter to keep from stacking

Homer's list looks like a good revision, but things still need revising to make a fair fight between vip and pubber.

i completely agree with the RTD thing. sure its fun here and again but if we are going to have this many servers we should have some that are dedicated to actual TF2 game play.

Also, the bots are too much of a nuisance than worth. they dont work well unless youre going up against them, which then they kill you instantly.

THANK YOU for bringing up the fake player count thing. it has bothered the hell out of me for the longest time. a sever telling me that its empty is better than one that tells me its almost full and then i join and get stuck with a bunch of retarded bots and no live players, let alone a full server of them.

i say remove the bots until better ones are found, and remove the rtd on some or most servers.

also remove the fake player count. its just terrible.

bot count peeves me too, but it needs to be known that valve makes the bot AI, so we have no control over that. I find too many ragequiters when they find that they are playing with 2 live players and a shit ton of bots. Either we need more publicity, less servers, or better bots, so we can have full servers again. None of the otpions are feasible, exept for trasing bots. Maybe we could have a max bot count of 6? THis would provide a more accurate server listing and less ragequitting.

lose the spy cloak, it makes dead ringer overpowered(I have played with unlimited cloak, I was invincible)

Clip size is good on all but solly.(Add 150% max ammo in rtd servers)

Edit: added metal to enjis eaves balance

Player colors need to still be team distictive(I heard that a red pyro took a blu skin and was disguised

Regen health cloak is unfair because C&D spys get free health for ever

Ubercharge on spawn is fair, but only as it is no more than 10%

Instant respawn needs to be a decreased respawn, so if it would take 10 sec, it now takes 5

Assist hp needs to go, and +10 hp on kill is the fairest without overpowering

Trty overheal at spawn, but not increased max health, it provides a starting bonus, but goes away, to even the field of play

Either perks need to be difffernt for each class to make balances the same, or do away with teamswitch and class limiter to keep from stacking

Homer's list looks like a good revision, but things still need revising to make a fair fight between vip and pubber.

even a decreased respawn will wreck the game, i sometimes do suicide charges to kill 2 or 3 peeps and give my side an advantage, and in a close game, thats sometimes all that works, but if the guys respawn that fast, its pointless

a ten 10hp bonus on a kill, will still be OP, can you imagine a heavy with the brass beast and 10hp per kill? it would make him way to good. Or a pyro with +10hp per kills, it wouldnt make him unkillable, but it would increase his life expectancy from maby 3kills to like 6kills (on an ambush).

even a decreased respawn will wreck the game, i sometimes do suicide charges to kill 2 or 3 peeps and give my side an advantage, and in a close game, thats sometimes all that works, but if the guys respawn that fast, its pointless

a ten 10hp bonus on a kill, will still be OP, can you imagine a heavy with the brass beast and 10hp per kill? it would make him way to good. Or a pyro with +10hp per kills, it wouldnt make him unkillable, but it would increase his life expectancy from maby 3kills to like 6kills (on an ambush).

Yes, that is why I proposed that each class get different perks to balance the classes. As a community, we can decide what those are.

Sounds good, we will.

- Auto-balance immunity

- Round end protection

- Colored chat

- Ability to use !glow

- Ability to use !dark

- Larger clip size - 2+

- Special player color

- More metal

- Instant respawn

What was removed:

I agree that we need something for vip but all these features could cause an imbalance in the game.