Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Anonymous Hacking Group Attacks Sony Entertainment

Weeman

Anonymous, the notorious hacktivist group originating from the 4chan imageboard, has set its sights on Sony for alleged abuse, victimisation and privacy violations in the legal action against a group of PS3 hackers.

In an image, posted to the website AnonNews, a member of the group states, "Sony, you have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our fellow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable."

George "Geohot" Hotz and the German-born Alexander "graf_chokolo" Egorenkov are two of the hackers who dismantled the PlayStation 3's security architecture and made the information public. This data has made homebrew software, game piracy and cheating in online games a common occurrence on the console.

To fight back, Sony has entered a long and bitter legal campaign against the coders and their associates.

Since January 2011, Hotz has been entangled in a court case with Sony's American division. In February 2011, Sony Europe demanded German police raid Egorenkov's home and seize any equipment related to hacking the PS3. The Japanese gaming titan has also threatened to sue the cheeky coder for a whopping million euros.

Sony has also had varying degrees of success in demanding information from other sites and services in relation to the case. Paypal gave up all the information on Hotz's account and Sony was able to see the IP addresses of everyone who has visited the hacker's website.

The manifesto says that the forthcoming attacks will also be for reasons other than the legal actions against Hotz and Egorenkov. "Your corrupt business practices are indicative of a corporate philosophy that would deny consumers the right to use products they have paid for, and rightfully own, in the manner of their choosing," the poster reads.

"Perhaps you should alert your customers to the fact that they are apparently only renting your products?" it asks. "Anonymous would like to inform you that you have only been 'renting' your web domains."

Which, presumably, is a call to arms for DDoS attacks and other online villainy against Sony. The group, working under the name " Operation Payback" has used similar techniques to bring down websites for the MPAA and RIAA.

[video=youtube;tcSCUU4Fg9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSCUU4Fg9k&feature=player_embedded

shits gettin crazy

That shit is crazy!

Somewhere, i think it is a fair move.

Of course it sucks for the actual playstation players who don't really care.

Lets see what the Anonymous do this time, this will be exciting.

/ I would love em to trash my colleges proxy barrier, but no no.. D:

translation for the videooooo

It has come to our unfortunate attention that you have decided to interupt the free flow of information. As you well know from other acts performed by Anonymous, that we will not stand for this.

By sueing Geo Hot, and attempting to view the IP addresses of those who watched his videos, you have angered the hive.

You have abused and penalized your customers, for obtaining and sharing jailbreak software. This is the same thing as some one buying and legally owning a computer but being punished for installing or deleting programs.

You saw the hive, and you stuck your penis in it.

Now you will feel the wrath of anonymous.

Your official websites will be taken offline, including the playstation store.

These attacks will continue untill we are completely satisfied with the outcome.

We are anonymous

We are legion

We do not forgive greedy companies

We do not forget the denial of free flow of information

Expect us.

To clear a few things up regarding this thread.

1. Only Playstation related websites owned by Sony are being attacked, not the direct site for tvs cameras and all the other stuff Sony distributes.

2. This is legitimate and i believe this is more organized then just /b/tards lululul. They brought a whole security firm to its KNEES not to long ago and destroyed the CEO's life.

3. The reason they are doing this is not because Sony is sueing Geohot and the other hacker they are doing this because Sony forcifully made different websites such as Youtube and psx-scene hand over all i.p addresses that viewed/read anything distributed by Geohot. Essentially Sony made a list with all these i.p. addresses and made it a shit list. Some people got bricked ps3s because of this and Sony's rebuttal was "you are not buying our products you are renting them." Which seems a bit silly to me to charge 400 dollars for something you are only "renting" to someone without telling them that.