Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Gagging not working...

Angel

What the title says.

I've used the command on several players now on the CS:S Minigames server and it just doesn't work for me :(

Why?

its a big failure the original SourceMod and AMX Mod X creators (Alliedmods.net) have said that the gag command doesn't work , even in HL1 engine games

its been this way for a long time......

Guest Batters
ah, but if the player is so disruptive that even chat priveleges need to be taken away, you may as well ban them

nope, take all necessary steps before a ban. warn --> kick --> ban in that order. the failed command was effectivly a warn and the kick next. silence would have been better but he knew what he was doing so he deserved the kick imho :)

This has also happened to me:

I've muted a player but then they try to avoid the mute by dc and joining again.

I warn them if they try to avoid the mute that I've set on them, then they will get banned.

I mute them again but they ignore my warning and I slap em with a 10 minute ban.

Thoughts?

P.S. It would be nice if a staff/council member gave their opinions on these matters.

This has also happened to me:

I've muted a player but then they try to avoid the mute by dc and joining again.

I warn them if they try to avoid the mute that I've set on them, then they will get banned.

I mute them again but they ignore my warning and I slap em with a 10 minute ban.

Thoughts?

P.S. It would be nice if a staff/council member gave their opinions on these matters.

Avoids a mute 3 times huh? 2 hour ban(maby longer) ,ban req on forums

I thought that silence still didn't block the players ability to type in chat? In regards to the !gag command, it has been broken since CSS updated with achievements and what ever else was new in that big update awhile ago...

In regards to the scenarios you've showed above it appears that you are taking perfect control of the situation, appears to be exactly what an admin should do.

Ok, thanks for the replies guys.

Also, I silenced a player today for chat spamming and it didn't stop him from typing in chat, so fail that plan :/

That happens wayy to often in jailbreak. Hell, spamming is almost what jailbreak is for haha