Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer got highjacked

SQUIZZLE

Ya, my laptop basically is fucked cause all my files are internet files. I can't open anything because it just open then closes internet explore and repeats. I got on my Google Chrome somehow and i'm not sure but i'm not gonna close it... ever until I get help or fix this shit.

What do? If you can help me, send me a private message and i'll try and send you my Teamview info.

Love, your Derpy Canasian SQUIZZLE

Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE go in task manager, go to processes anything that has a weird image name or description. Right click it, open file location, then delete the file. After doing this check the processes again. and see if its there, if it is end process and restart.

i disagree, i think most random numbers/letteres are virusus o_O

Not true ActiveX start-up registry keys are only random numbers and letters.

@Thread - Right click the file -> Open With -> Change the file association to the correct one and check the box marked something along the lines of apply to all

If you want to change your startup manually:

1) In run/search bar type: "regedit" and hit enter

2) Drop down HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Mircosoft -> Windows -> Current Version

3) Check the run and run once folders for your startup options

*Note: You can also check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for global startup across users

Anything that looks like a windows service isn't and is a virus.

Edited by Papa John

Do you know how access regedit?

in your search just type regedit. A window will open. Follow these paths (assuming your running vista or w7) hkey_current_user>software>microsoft>windows>current explorer>current version>fileext

find the extensions youre having problems with and edit them so they correspond to the correct extension or just delete any sub folders that say user choice.