Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bank of America to shit on its customers

JJK

Guest The_Monkey

As someone said (don't feel like scrolling up), using your card as a debit card will get you these charges. However, if you debit card is a check card, using it as a visa will not incur any charges.

As someone said (don't feel like scrolling up), using your card as a debit card will get you these charges. However, if you debit card is a check card, using it as a visa will not incur any charges.

"Whether you use your card for one purchase a month or 20, you will pay $5 per month starting in 2012. It doesn't matter if you select "debit" or "credit" at the point of sale."

Wrong unfortunately - glad my debit card is chase, fuck em

Guest The_Monkey
"Whether you use your card for one purchase a month or 20, you will pay $5 per month starting in 2012. It doesn't matter if you select "debit" or "credit" at the point of sale."

Hmmmm, guess i fucked up. I know they were trying this out in the mid-west to see how it worked. At that time it was only debit transactions that were charged.

• Executive Council
Awesome..going to Chase Bank.

Chase is also instituting those fees. So are all the other major national banks.

At the end of last year, JPMorgan Chase (JPM, Fortune 500) announced a similar test, in which it charged customers in northern Wisconsin a $3 fee for using their debit cards. A Chase spokesman said last month that the tests were still underway.

Heard on the news Chase is planning a $3 charge.

Good thing I belong to a local credit union.

Yeah well, the government is cutting the amount of fees they can charge per transaction by I think 2/3 so you probably will end up paying around the same.