Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

WIP cs map

vandium

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just started messing with this again. As you can see, things have changed a lot since the beginning.

Next time I will have a game plan..... It takes time to re-arrange. :/

I finally located the second bombsite, and am still reviewing spawns.

I am also adding a location(s) that takes time to get to, and you have to boost a player over, and run all the way back. Adding a somewhat tactical move, with advantage and disadvantage at the same time.

Once I get map closed, lighting fixed, and some sample spawns, I will release a beta. Shouldn't be too long, it I get back on it again. But I am probably lying.

*The middle building is a nodraw texture, a new building will go there.

*The windows will not be white like that, and lighting is still changed constantly.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

NICE HAX VANDIUM - FLYING AROUND AND STUFF WHERE'D YOU GET THEM!?!?!!11One!!! Jk.

Anyway, on a more serious note, that map looks really good, glad to see that you're still trucking away on it. Can't wait to try out the finished version, or at least get in there to do some testing. :D

Thanks guys. :)

I am not sure what I am going to fill the void with just yet.

Most of the open area is not seen when the player is on the ground.

But other areas where the skyline looks empty, I will add something. (trees, buildings, etc)

I think what had stopped me from working on it for a while was the location of the second site.

I have re-organized a lot of things (a lot of underground work) and have found the location.

Once I connect the dots on some area's, and close them, I will release a beta.

It looks awesome vandium. I can't add much more to what everyone else said, but I too am excited to see the finished version. I was doing some careful studying of this and it looks like it will be extremely well balanced. Can't tell for sure until we play on it.

Keep it up. =D

Thanks.

Yeah, I have actually stood in certain areas and timed myself getting to certain spots.

Spawns are still not located 100% located. But I am thinking the ct's will be by the train, and the t's will be by the trees on the lower left side. There is an underground area there too, which is where they may actually be placed.

I was also thinking of a new style in which the spawns are not always located in the same area.

This would make the playablity more dynamic, due to the players having to adjust to the different spawns and play spots. Although, people may not like that.

As I start working, I always get new ideas and things change. As you can see from the progress screens..

Hopefully I can stay on track and actually complete it. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

New Screenshots!

Bombsite B is now located next to ct spawn in the warehouse. I have added many things and repositioned and changed a lot too. There are several boost spots I am adding to adjust gameplay a little.

I hope to work quite a bit on it this weekend. Still not complete, because I want even the beta to look good. The lower half hasn't been focused on as much as the upper side. But maybe I will close some loose ends really quick for a beta.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5-2.jpg

6.jpg

6-2.jpg

sdk.jpg

Edited by vandium

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

Sorry I havn't been around the boards lately. Working on and off the clock lately....

Had some time recently to work on this a bit more.

B Site is coming along, however I am resizing and adjusting the map as I go.

T Spawn is tree side bottom left.

CT Spawn is behind trains.

A Site is under the middle building. (Lower Floor)

B Site is by the warehouses. (still trying to locate)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg