Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Re: How to deal with a player who might be cheating, but is never on when you're on?

bean-

Hi all,

There is a player who people keep telling me is using an aimbot. The sort of thing reported to me: getting them all the time while cloaked, etc. Now, it's normal for me to be told I'm a cheat, at least once a day, so I always check - I go Admin and will record, if the player looks like they are cheating - only did this once, for a player using a Speed Hack (long after any 20sec RTD). I ask players to use F7 and report the player they think is cheating, but I don't think this happens often! In the month I've been Admin, players only normally state a player is cheating, while that player is connected and playing - I have not yet had a single player (let alone a number) report another player, as cheating to me, after that player has disconnected. This is odd in itself. :huh:

It could just be bad feeling about a very good player. There is a difference, however, this time, as this player does not connect when I'm playing (I've played for 1.3 days this month, so I'm on a lot) and when I once connected and players where asking for an Admin, stating he was using an Aimbot, I went to Spec to record him, but he had already disconnected - not proof in itself, I admit. Now, we have a player (Dexxter) who has gone Admin to try to ban him. Dexxter stated that this is the reason he went Admin. We could do with another Admin, so I'm very pleased about this - Dexxter is a good player, who plays in a sensible manner. [Admin]Dexxter - you need to register here, and reply to this message - I can also give you some commands to use. :)

I've checked this player's stats on Orange 100% crits (78.129.148.112:27015). He has almost as many points as me, my 1.3 days as compared to his 3.3 hours connect time. Some of the stats are interesting. You'd expect him to be using sniper, as his primary? No - it's a pistol (for Scout) and of 785 kills, he has just 3 deaths - and, that's from being a Scout (Scouts are Sniper fodder, IMO). The Sniper: 118 kills and 2 deaths - could be okay. Heavy - 119 kills and Zero deaths - wow. Then the other Scout weapon (which is hard to get a single kill with, even if using an aimbot) - 67 kills and 36 deaths. There are another 8 weapons where he gets kills and no deaths. Such a kill rate is normally only related to very good snipers, yet he hardly uses the Sniper Class. He has connected 6 times this month. :cry:

Okay, so what can 2 Admins now do, if this player never connnects when we are on (discons when we arrive), players won't bother to report him using F7, but is cheating, using an Aimbot. This is annoying for all of us players who don't cheat. This is a 100%crits server, so why cheat on it? Pah... :we:

Help, forum!

-hg- bean$

Looking at hgbans it appears that dexxter has banned him twice, for 1 hour each time for hacking. It says its a "server ban" so that means that the player was on the server at the time of the ban. I'd make sure dexxter knows how to get demos that he can post proof and tf2 leadership can make the ban permanent. also, if the player knows you're admin you could try to reconnect with a different alias and immediately going spectate once you're back in and record the player without them knowing you're doing so. Unfortunately, player stats are not acceptable as proof (no matter how compelling >_<)

I've banned him twice today. I haven't recorded any demo of it yet, but I'll do that next time I see him on the server.

This player uses aimbot and promoted the hack he uses in the chat. (ie: tried to get ppl to buy it of a webpage hes posting)

Hi,

Good idea about the name change - although it did not let me join last time, as I didn't have -hg- attached to my nick. I'll have to test the 'new-name' change to see if it works. I'll look out to see if he's on (before joining) go straight to Spectator and record (I know how). I'll then put it on here, for all to see! I would like to know his web-page, we can then report that to VACS so they can per ban this 'player' from all tf2 server and check out his lame Aimbot.

-hg-bean$

I've banned him twice today. I haven't recorded any demo of it yet, but I'll do that next time I see him on the server.

This player uses aimbot and promoted the hack he uses in the chat. (ie: tried to get ppl to buy it of a webpage hes posting)

Good to know. I've posted a reply on your ban of his chat history showing him advertise, so when someone from tf2 leadership takes a look he should get banned.

EDIT: beans it should let you join the server, just only spectate so then you can take a demo :P

Hi,

This looks good to me! It's why I became an Admin. Well done, Dexxter - looks like we nipped it in the bud - imagine having players go to his webby and then connect? We'd be spending more time recording and banning than actually playing! Ha :)

-hg- bean$

Ok. I've caught 2 players using autoaim on the server today. Posted them in the Abuse report section. Both used the same hack, autoaim. Havent seen any speedhackers in a while tho....

You're going to want to have that posted under the "ban" section, not the "abuse" section, which is specifically for admins misusing their powers.

Sorry about that. I'm new to this forum and the title in the section lead me wrong. Since it said 'Admin abuser/Player abuse' I thought it was a place for both.

Edit: Real nifty thing that ban page. Made very easy to report. I wish I'd seen that before I rushed to make myself a fool by making an ordinary post about it. -.-