Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Question of Self-Evaluation

LazaHorse

DISCLAIMER:

If you feel this question is too "offensive" or will cause too much drama for what it's worth (I'm honestly just curious to some responses and won't be replying to what anyone says; rather I believe this would be a good chance for people to brag upon themselves for their accomplishments in HG) you may go ahead and delete/close this. I am trying to be as civil in asking as possible to honor the "ok" I received from someone in leadership to post this.

This is directed really to anyone in leadership. I think with recent promotions, a lot of us non-leadership members have been more vocal than usual about what it means to "deserve" promotions/positions. With that disclaimer out of the way, my question is this:

Do you as a leader in whatever position you currently have believe you "deserve" that position? In other words, do you believe that your merits or contributions to HG warrant the position you have been given? Or do you instead feel humbled for the position you are in and though you do not feel you deserve it NOW (or when you were promoted), you have been/are working hard to earn it (Saving Private Ryan style)? If you DO believe you deserve it, please outline some of your pre-leadership accomplishments/qualities that you feel contributes to that. If you are the latter, please describe some ways in which you are planning to "earn" the responsibility you have been given.

To be honest I was really surprised I got advisor considering all I had done before was helping out people in game/on steam, and buying global css admin+posting ban requests. There's a lot of other people who I thought at that moment deserved it more than I did, and even though I had been saying before I never wanted to be in leadership (to Vao and others), I accepted it anyways.

At this moment I don't think I am working hard enough to actually earn my spot as an advisor due to 1) me going ham on gaming during the one month of holiday where I did not have to study whatsoever, and 2) because my exams are coming up I will have to start studying again.

However when all that is out of the way, if I am still in leadership by then, I will be as active as I used to be in the beginning of me being a dA again, being more available in helpdesk and stealing more reports from the master of hogging, Nevodka.

That being said, I would like to just say CSS leadership is pretty fuckin awesome (:

You asked me to be honest, Laz, so here's your honest answer about myself. Can't speak for anyone but myself.

To be honest I was really surprised I got advisor considering all I had done before was helping out people in game/on steam, and buying global css admin+posting ban requests. There's a lot of other people who I thought at that moment deserved it more than I did, and even though I had been saying before I never wanted to be in leadership (to Vao and others), I accepted it anyways.

At this moment I don't think I am working hard enough to actually earn my spot as an advisor due to 1) me going ham on gaming during the one month of holiday where I did not have to study whatsoever, and 2) because my exams are coming up I will have to start studying again.

However when all that is out of the way, if I am still in leadership by then, I will be as active as I used to be in the beginning of me being a dA again, being more available in helpdesk and stealing more reports from the master of hogging, Nevodka.

That being said, I would like to just say CSS leadership is pretty fuckin awesome (:

You asked me to be honest, Laz, so here's your honest answer about myself. Can't speak for anyone but myself.

I luv yoo.

I was top 20 on dust2dm

I h8 yoo.

I'm not sure whether or not I currently deserve the position i'm in. That would be for others to evaluate.

Back just about a year ago when we switched to divisions I was significantly more active than I am now, before becoming apart of the current leadership I was an app mod and T-list forum mod, making many T-list reports per week and camping out in the helpdesk.

This past summer I've been working more hours, but am still around quite a bit. Working evenings makes me seem to be never on however, because im up at 8 am and working at 4-midnight when everythings at its peak (server population, reports, people in & out of the helpdesk, etc). After labor day, I'm not entirely sure how active I will be compared to previous years because I will be starting my first semester of college and I'm not sure how much time that will consume compared to high school.

• 1 month later...

I believe that I am a mixture of both deserving my position as strategy division advisor and working towards proving that I deserve it.

I believe that I deserve it because I am by far (with the possible exception of BigJ) the most active Starcraft II player, and I also hold the highest rank in Starcraft of all HG members that I have seen. Because of these facts, it only makes sense to have me in leadership as an advisor to be in control of the SCII aspect of the strategy division. I am the most qualified to think of new, fun events for Starcraft II and am one of the most qualified for helping those new to SCII get into it.

The reasons I think that I am still working towards proving that I deserve this position is mainly because I have only been advisor for ~3 days now and haven't accomplished anything yet, though I do have ideas. Once those ideas have been carried out, I think it will be apparent that I do in fact deserve this spot.

Though my ability to do what is asked of me has fluctuated over time (there was a long, series of unfortunate events that prevented me from logging on), I believe at my core I deserve the council seat. While I have not always been on here regularly, I do what I can to provide detailed input to the major happenings in HG. And now that we old fogies (the HG Council) have moved to a more advisory position, I believe now more than ever I am doing what is expected of me.

I complain a lot about those who get leadership, but my case is essentially the same as the newer folks. I started playing HG servers in August 2008, I posted ban reports for the Dust 2 24/7 server and made friends with all the regulars, who just so happened to be Council. I know, think about that, Council members actually used to play in HG servers.

Anyways, I made the friends I made and by late November or early December I was granted the position of Staff by Helmin, Master, and Clark. All of it came from simply doing ban reports and knowing the other staff and Council members who exclusively played in my server.

Granted HG is much larger now, but the principle still remains the same, they want people who are willing to do stuff and put the effort and time in to the clan so they don't have to.

Also, my dick is huge and DJ couldn't get enough of it.