Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Got my new car

John

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats. sounds like a good deal especially for gt model. but if i woulda bought a pontiac right now i woulda tooken a g8

Yeah, I wish. the G8 is a beast, it's nice as hell, inside and out.

Also, about 10 grand more.

and the g6 is just as nice, for what I need, and was in my price range.

I've owned two pontiacs and never had any issues, they were old too so you STFU.

You own a volvo, can you even change your own oil? LOL Please don't get it twisted. Don't think I'm just a computer nerd as my passion for building/modding cars is far greater.

<3 street

If I changed my own oil JiffyLube would be out of work! I'm trying to help the economy here. Plus I only know where the oil dipstick is. I use my dipstick.

Second I'm sorry I didn't know you were both a computer geek and a car enthusiast. Most people aren't. Because that's just weird.

Woot! I just put in the loan app for a 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT!

... >.>

LAMP shame on you. Buying a Dodge sedan is like Jetta. They're both dumb. :D

The whole truth is that even though american cars are cheap they are crappy in quality. i used to have a ford expediton but sold it becuase of quality problems. but these problems weren't with the engine they were wear and tear. The nav constantly broke. with my m3 I haven't had the slightest problem. The only reason its been in the shop is oil changes which are free for 50,000 miles or 5 years.

The whole truth is that even though american cars are cheap they are crappy in quality. i used to have a ford expediton but sold it becuase of quality problems. but these problems weren't with the engine they were wear and tear. The nav constantly broke. with my m3 I haven't had the slightest problem. The only reason its been in the shop is oil changes which are free for 50,000 miles or 5 years.

You're comparing an M3 to a Ford suv? You're an idiot.

I'm kind of torn between a Honda something ricey (minus terrible exhaust noises) or a BMW something obnoxiously efficient and zippy. I suppose it depends on how much disposable income I have when I sell my '07 Saturn ION2.

I wouldn't call Honda's "ricey", until you rice them up with a shogun bodykit and that horrid exhaust some people get. I swear those exhausts that sound like you placed a playing card in front of the muffler sound so dumb.

Honda's last a long time, get good gas milage, and are pretty cheap to fix. (not too pricy to mod either)

BMW's are nice, but cost a fortune for parts or repairs.

Honda's and Acura's are nice cars. Style and quality.

Honda's last a long time, get good gas milage, and are pretty cheap to fix. (not too pricy to mod either)

BMW's are nice, but cost a fortune for parts or repairs.

Honda's and Acura's are nice cars. Style and quality.

Yeah, BMW is a huge financial sink. I need a raise. lol.

I was leaning toward the Asiatic market (at least the reputable companies) for cost and reliability. I plan on continuing to drive a standard as well, so their clutches and gear ratios come into play as well. I have zero objection to modding for performance as long as I don't look like a douchebag, i.e. aftermarket mufflers, 6 foot tall spoilers, etc.

Yeah, BMW is a huge financial sink. I need a raise. lol.

I was leaning toward the Asiatic market (at least the reputable companies) for cost and reliability. I plan on continuing to drive a standard as well, so their clutches and gear ratios come into play as well. I have zero objection to modding for performance as long as I don't look like a douchebag, i.e. aftermarket mufflers, 6 foot tall spoilers, etc.

The're are many aftermarket exhausts that just give a subtle deep tone, and not the sound you can hear a block away.

And the're are many performance mods for those vehicles.

I have had a couple of honda's in the past that all had manual tranny's.

I never had any problems with their transmissions, even with the ragging I did on em. ;)(never had any engine issues either)

Honda's also have the V-Tech technology which I believe hits at about 4500 RPM and feels like you are shooting with with like a 15 shot of NOS. ;)

I never had any problems with their transmissions, even with the ragging I did on em. ;)(never had any engine issues either)

Honda's also have the V-Tech technology which I believe hits at about 4500 RPM and feels like you are shooting with with like a 15 shot of NOS. ;)

I'm glad to hear that they're a good drive. Even with a 2.2 liter with 145 HP/150 ft lbs of torque, I have some good fun dicking around in my Saturn. On the downside, the clutch is really unforgiving compared to every other standard I've driven. I needed an upgrade when I traded in my old car, but I kind of think that if I didn't get a good deal on it, I would have gone with something else.

lol wow...that's pretty funny. The "v-tech" is just variable valve timing, lots of cars have it, but honda is known for it. Depends on the motor when it "hits" some don't go into v-tech until 6800 RPMs, lol.

Hondas are great cars, very reliable and pretty simple/cheap to fix. Acura for some reason, costs alot more even though its the same shit.

P.S. hondas are gay, please don't get them with the mindset of modding it.

lol wow...that's pretty funny. The "v-tech" is just variable valve timing, lots of cars have it, but honda is known for it. Depends on the motor when it "hits" some don't go into v-tech until 6800 RPMs, lol.

Hondas are great cars, very reliable and pretty simple/cheap to fix. Acura for some reason, costs alot more even though its the same shit.

P.S. hondas are gay, please don't get them with the mindset of modding it.

I didn't really plan on modding it. At least not in a way you can notice by sight or sound.

On the subject of standards, did anyone else hear about the chip they've been putting in a lot of GM (I think it's GM) cars that forces you from 1st to 4th via it activating the gate on 2nd? It happens if you're going between x and x mph at ~x% throttle. I was a little surprised at first, but haven't heard anyone else mention it. I think you're statistically unlikely to trigger it, but there is always that chance it'll happen and you'll die in an intersection at the hands of a semi :P

I didn't really plan on modding it. At least not in a way you can notice by sight or sound.

On the subject of standards, did anyone else hear about the chip they've been putting in a lot of GM (I think it's GM) cars that forces you from 1st to 4th via it activating the gate on 2nd? It happens if you're going between x and x mph at ~x% throttle. I was a little surprised at first, but haven't heard anyone else mention it. I think you're statistically unlikely to trigger it, but there is always that chance it'll happen and you'll die in an intersection at the hands of a semi :P

Yes it's called "skip shift" and its usually in the performance 6 speed cars like camaros,vettes,GTO's. Most of the owners disable this with a tune as its annoying.

My car is a 1995 z28 and it has that (disabled thougH), so it's been in them for a while. Basically at low rpm/speed it wants you to go from 1st to 4th, it only does this if you're below a certain MPH and RPM, if you give the car more than I think its 50% throttle it doesn't activate.

The main point of this is to avoid gas guzzler taxes on cars ;)

Yes it's called "skip shift" and its usually in the performance 6 speed cars like camaros,vettes,GTO's. Most of the owners disable this with a tune as its annoying.

My car is a 1995 z28 and it has that (disabled thougH), so it's been in them for a while. Basically at low rpm/speed it wants you to go from 1st to 4th, it only does this if you're below a certain MPH and RPM, if you give the car more than I think its 50% throttle it doesn't activate.

The main point of this is to avoid gas guzzler taxes on cars ;)

God Terry, you're so dreamy.