Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Admin Training?

DeathShot

Now, off of the bat, I know alot of you wont want to hear me out, but do so.

A couple of weeks ago, we got a huge amount of new admins to the JailBreak server, and I'm sure many of our other servers as well. After a while, I noticed some of these admins had absolutely no idea what they were doing, sometimes not even in admining, but in playing Jailbreak as well. I think we should have some sort of mandatory meetings, even if only for when you first get admin for the first time, which we could hold once a well or once a month, to teach the new admins what they will need to know to follow their guidelines correctly. Now yes, we do have countless guides for new admins to read and check over when starting out but there isn't ever a guarantee that they will read them, or read them fully and understand them. All I'm asking for is people's opinion on this matter, to try and help improve the admin's understanding as a whole and get us all on the correct page. Personally, when I was in another clan, we had admin training/brushing up every 3 months just to go over any changes in the community and to try and keep everything fresh in the admin's mind(s) and keep us all on the same page. Please consider it. Thanks.

-DS

If you donated to the Red Cross, and they then DEMANDED you donate blood, would you be offended?

It's the same here. We give admin as a thank you reward for donations to the server. Premium donors aren't paying for a service or contract with which they have any immediately obligation. The only limitations placed on what they can do with this gift is the admin rules. If they infringe upon those rules, you report their behavior and it gets dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I was just looking through the forums and found this thread and would like to offer my thoughts; I wonder, what about creating a brief training video that premium applicants MUST watch before people are able to receive admin? I have seen some "Green" admins in crackhouse DM, and I don't think they are bad people, I just think they need education. So here is my idea: Create and attach a You Tube video link to the application process for premium admin and have a word at the end of the video that must be entered into the online form to verify they watched the video. (That way basic "I didn't know that" isms would be avoided.) There could be a few different scenarios, that highlight the biggest points of being a good admin. Maybe make it fun and do a good admin vs bad admin video?

I like the idea, but as already stated, we should not demand things from people that donate. They should read the rules and agreement, or they risk losing admin.

It's no different than downloading steam or counter strike and then getting VAC banned for cheating. There is no video you have to watch, just had to click agree on the user agreement.