Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

OFFICIAL Election Poll Thread, ALL MAJOR PARTIES INCLUDED

60Seconds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no the point is to cast your vote in the poll. starting a debate will obviously lead to flaming/rage/insults/people becoming butthurt

If he didn't want comments, he would have said so.

You've all been good children in this thread so far. Don't fuck it up.

Has Romney retracted his statement that he wanted to cut funding to PBS yet?

I hope he doesn't, his point was he was going to eliminate subsidies to less useful entities and use the money in a more useful way. Everyone seems to have jumped onto this "big bird" bandwagon and I think he should stand his ground if he doesn't want to seem weak before the election.

I hope he doesn't, his point was he was going to eliminate subsidies to less useful entities and use the money in a more useful way. Everyone seems to have jumped onto this "big bird" bandwagon and I think he should stand his ground if he doesn't want to seem weak before the election.

There's a bandwagon because why would you cut funding to that? Do you delete random text files off a terabyte hard drive to save space? I'm sure there would be a lot more money to save if military bases around the world were questioned as to why they exist in the first place.

there's a bandwagon because why would you cut funding to that? Do you delete random text files off a terabyte hard drive to save space? I'm sure there would be a lot more money to save if military bases around the world were questioned as to why they exist in the first place.

+1 to this!

No need to be the world police anymore! Spend our resources wisely.

Edited by Gabe

There's a bandwagon because why would you cut funding to that? Do you delete random text files off a terabyte hard drive to save space? I'm sure there would be a lot more money to save if military bases around the world were questioned as to why they exist in the first place.

Yes, please. The fact that I run the risk of having to live in Korea for up to 3 years is silly, for no other reason than being a deterrent for the proliferation of the north. We can't be everywhere at once. Other UN counties need to be able to protect their own borders, without us sitting there to make sure everything is going to be fine.

On the flip side, I understand the benefits of having a serious tactical advantage, but that doesn't mean that there are hundreds of other places we spend money in the military that are silly.

Yes, please. The fact that I run the risk of having to live in Korea for up to 3 years is silly, for no other reason than being a deterrent for the proliferation of the north. We can't be everywhere at once. Other UN counties need to be able to protect their own borders, without us sitting there to make sure everything is going to be fine.

On the flip side, I understand the benefits of having a serious tactical advantage, but that doesn't mean that there are hundreds of other places we spend money in the military that are silly.

It's hard to cut the military because a ton of countries would be fucked if we did. South Korea needs us :(

It's hard to cut the military because a ton of countries would be fucked if we did. South Korea needs us :(

It's true. Even though we could theoretically allocate money properly in regards to how our military was to be used, we'd break the shit out of status quo, and that's going to hurt a lot more than feelings. Wishful thinking.

It's true. Even though we could theoretically allocate money properly in regards to how our military was to be used, we'd break the shit out of status quo, and that's going to hurt a lot more than feelings. Wishful thinking.

We need to stop hiring defense contractors whom we pay huge amounts of money and instead use our soldiers who are just as smart and bright.

We need to stop hiring defense contractors whom we pay huge amounts of money and instead use our soldiers who are just as smart and bright.

They get paid a good chunk of money to do very specific tasks. They could be used a lot better in a training environment, but they'd also be expected to perform, and not do all of this union bullshit they currently do to avoid being fired.