Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

banned...again.

salsa1

banned for bhop scripts and no-recoil

1. Abuser name: Sofa King [ https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php?i=16832 ]

2. Their Steam Id: https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php?i=16832

3. What server: Jail Break

4. About what time: 10/29/12

5. PROOF: https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php?i=16832

6. Please tell us about the incident

So it has been decided, again, that I do not wall hack. I do not wall hack and there is no conclusive evidence that I do wall hack. I was banned for wall hacking . Nothing in the ban report said anything about bunny hopping or not recoil when it was originally placed. Now bunny hopping is not a game hack, and no where in the server rules does it say that bunny hopping is not allowed.

If you guys want to disallow bunny hopping, then write it in the official rules. Do not make a rule up just for me because I happen to be good at bunny hopping, because that would be discriminative and unfair. Also, the "no recoil" thing is completely off. Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source are not like GO. As far as I'm concerned about the GO developing website, they are still working on a lot of weapon and spectate mechanics (only recently did they allow "free look" in spectate.) What goes on when you record a demo on your screen in not coherent as to what goes on in my screen when I am "spraying." Call it what you want, but neither are hacks, just proper advantages of people who can actually legitimately play the game.

I'm really sorry to all the admins that I cause a grief to on the server, I know that most of you are not used to playing actual FPS games and that your reaction time is that of blind paraplegic sloth but that gives you absolutely no reason to select players out that are better than others and remove them from the server and blame them for something they aren't even doing. The point of playing a competitive game is that there is competition. There are going to be noobs and pros all playing together and banning someone for being "too good" or what-have-you is not a valid reason to ban anyone. It's like expelling someone from a school because they are making higher grades than all the other kids. It just doesn't make any sense.

Not only has Red Devil and McCainCracker said that the demo was not conclusive, but this is the second time the same people have called me out for something that I'm not doing. So can you guys just please learn your lesson and we can all be friends? Thank you very much.

I'm not certain of the no-recoil, but the way that you twitch after firing your awp is consistent with how it appears on source. But, with the bunny hoppinh i believe you're using a script which causes you to have perfect jumps. Since you're contesting the ban you will need to wait for someone else to review

I am not modifying any in game files or memory which would constitute as scripting or what-have-you. Basically I am not doing anything that Valve would consider a hack.

It is not cheating. It is merely taking advantage of game mechanics, otherwise if they didn't want bunny hopping to be possible, the HG admins should have put the jump stamina enabled on the server. Simple as that.

and what i mean by perfect jumps is, no noise is made when you jump across each hurdle, which is difficult to do in the first place (in source, bhopping with no footsteps being made) let alone do it several times in a row during the LR's. If you are infact legitimate i apologize for the mistake, but i'm going to be in class until about 9pm est.

No.

Scripting implies using console commands sometimes to perform synchronized console commands (i.e. using alias) in order to do certain tasks simultaneously in game.

This is not against the rules, nor is it against Valve's policy. Hell, Valve GAVE US A CONSOLE so we can do exactly that with ease. If anything they are endorsing it!

If scripting was against the rules then all the people using HLDJ and HLSS to play songs would also be banned because those require scripts in game to toggle through the music and create different voice_inputs. Banning someone for using console scripts would be a complete act of hypocrisy among admins because they too blatantly use "scripts" in the server.

Bhopping and scripting are completely different things.

As well as knowledge and ignorance, my friend.

p.s.

I'm not saying I do either one, I'm just correcting you on your terminology error.

Edited by salsa

What "game mechanics" could you possibly be taking advantage of that make your jumps perfect other than some sort of third party program or a script created to do such a thing?

I skimmed, looked at the other thread and if you're talking about using mwheeldown that's fine. I've been bhopping for quite a long time with that and with practice you can get to the point where they can be executed pretty well. When you said game mechanics I just got the wrong thought I think...

Edited by Richie

What is your definition of a 'script.'

People keep throwing the word script like it is some sort of cheat or hack like what the hell are you guys talking about 'scripts.' People use 'scripts' in the jail break server all the time, what are you trying to say??

This issue is dumb. We went from wall hacking to talking about what the definition of a script is. Just unban me please if you have no justification for your ban. Two major admins already said there was no hard evidence so what else are you going to blame me for?

p.s.

Yes I am using my mouse wheel, does that constitute as SCRIPTING to you?

Edited by salsa

Nitpicking rules won't get you any friends here, and might end up with consequence more dire. We're not a democracy, we have no judicial system. So trying to use technicalities to defend yourself won't work. You're wasting our staff's time with your stupid bullshit, and it needs to stop.

Are you really that desperate for an advantage in jailbreak? That's kind of sad.

Thread closed for now. If Leadership wants to reopen/add feel free to do so.