Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Welcome To Realville!

LazaHorse

Welcome, Strategy Division, to Realville!

As you all may have heard, Strategy Division is looking to rework itself from the ground up to become more player-friendly and to expand into something larger and better than before. Frankly, we have an amazing opportunity as the division in charge of the BIGGEST game in the world right now. We just haven't been using it as its full potential, and hopefully I'll help change that for the better. I was an advisor before, and during that time we released guides, began streaming some of our players, and started hosting HG in-house games. I've been re-promoted to help bring HG into the new era (with the new season), and already have some things I'd like to see worked on:

1. The LoLCamp idea that was pitched earlier is feasible, but only if we have involvement from all sides. Teachers need to be available on a consistent basis, and the students must be open to learn and willing to commit time to learning. If so, we can all improve as we learn more about League of Legends (and maybe even SC2; frankly I'd love to learn and be better but don't have the drive to study it like I do League).

2. New events: Strategy's history with events has been... abysmal. We can do better, but once again that takes effort from both fronts. Leadership members have to schedule well-run, interesting, and well-advertised events (that's on my end), and division (and non-division) members have to be a conscientious effort to be there and participate. That being said, I have a lot of events both small and large that I'd like to start spearheading. As a teaser, one of them is a weekly dedicated time slot for ARAMs (honestly ARABs at Crystal Scar are better, but w.e) where we can all get online to laugh at Bill play Xin Zhao horribly.

3. Player help: I'll be releasing guides and updates once in a while of how roles, champions, and maps are played. Yes, you can look them up on Solomid or Mobafire (and I encourage you to do so), but it's always nice hearing it from someone you know, someone you have access to, or someone you can expect feedback from. Again to tease a bit, I will be releasing a guide on how to gain Elo, and trust me it's less about how good you are at the game and more about how good you are as a person.

4. Speaking of being a good person, I'll be looking to address what seems to be a split in our division (hah, puns). There are in my opinion two notable groups of people in the strategy division. There is a group of "old fogies" who play together often (usually ARAMs) and are somewhat hostile when other people try to join (myself included). There are also a group of people who know each other mostly from a different game, and play with each other often. While receptive to other people playing with them, they are also fine with just playing by themselves. We as a division need to be more inclusive and MORE SOCIABLE.

That being said, I will be working on being less abrasive myself and more open to those of you who may need me more for my help than for my personality. I will commemorate this paradigm shift by bringing an end to this era of Real. You heard it here first folks, THERE WILL BE NO MORE "REAL."!

5. Lastly, we as a division need to make it a point to recruit actively. We are playing the BIGGEST game in the world, but our last recruit was months ago. This point of recruitment takes two changes that I think we really ought to make if we want our division to be more successful. (1) We must make it a point to not alienate "randoms" when we play with HG members. Let them know we are premade, but in doing so invite them to play in cohesion with us. If they enjoy their time, let them know who we are and give them the link (in end game lobby chat or PVP.net friend chat only please; don't get yourself banned) while letting them know we're recruiting. You notice I added a pretty severe condition to that though. (2) They must "enjoy their time" playing with you. Let's all make an effort to be more amiable in League of Legends so people will WANT to learn more about us and WANT to join our community (coming from someone who is now perma banned on two accounts, I know this can be hard, but I also know it is easy to do). Let's start expanding into this GIGANTIC pool of possibilities in front of us.

Here's to marching forward and being more successful as a cohesive whole.

Fighting!

• Like 2

Sounds like we're changing the Strategy division to the League of Legends division, what a shame.

The doors open for Dota 2 as well, Weeman wouldn't have it any other way. Only problem is none of us really play Dota 2 much (I still don't find it enjoyable \o/) so we would need a lot of input from you all in that direction.

The doors open for Dota 2 as well, Weeman wouldn't have it any other way. Only problem is none of us really play Dota 2 much (I still don't find it enjoyable \o/) so we would need a lot of input from you all in that direction.

Me, and im not sure but dj (rampage) might be willing to do a workshop. If enough people get interested, that is.