Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Serious Rp

Kigen

Should HG have a Serious RP PERP server  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Executive Council

I'm making this thread to try to understand where everyone else lies on this issue.

So, should HG have a Serious RP PERP server? Because it seems like the "Lite RP" nature of our current PERP server interferes with the RP value of it. Some people want to play the game and yet others just want to mess around and interfere with everyone else who are trying to play the game.

Please voice your thoughts on this in this thread.

• Executive Council

No, I'm not a fan of /me command. The idea behind the current server is that it would have been the only difference.

However, most people mess around too much on the current server and don't RP at all.

Well I think it can be very popular. In SAMP the best and most popular servers are Serious Heavy RP and are above 600players in one server, the Lite servers never get above ~150players. This is what TimeR (our SAMP Leader) told me anyways.

I'm going to guess convert. I voted before I read. I'd actually like the game to be more serious now that I think of it. But honestly we should focus on population. Servers have been quite low latley, it's pretty hard to RP when the population is always at 30, and 3 people buy homes.

Edit; Just realised you can revote. My vote is Yes.

Edited by Fallen

The talk about Perp in Jailbreak and the GO community is that it's a joke. They complain that it's too strict, and when someone says "So and So, come play Perp w/ me" The reply is usually "Nah man, we'll get perm banned this time" or "Nah, we'll just get told off by the admins".

Agreed they are shortsighted in their view of Perp, but I think maybe a sandbox server first? I have only ever tried sandbox once (I bought GMOD for Perp) and it seemed alright, despite the constant trolls.

Perp is already very complicated. We're already getting Orange Cosmos, which looks awesome. Maybe see what the views are after we have got that going. (I thought it was a HG, forgive me if it's just a Conkers thing)

I for one haven't player perp cause of school and cause my GMOD takes an hour to start up because of a glitch (Re-installing now to see if it works).

I also have a suggestion for Martin Luther King day. A day where Doors cannot be lockpicked. This gives everyone a peaceful day of growing, or door breaching if u got the cash. I think that this represents Martin Luther King's values as a whole and generally is a good way to invite players back on the 3 day weekend (Make it a weekend?)

Anyways....

Orange cosmos isnt going to be serious rp as far as I know and it is indeed very easy to get banned in perp if you dont read the rules and dont know what you are doing.

You should probably put the rest of that text in like one of the help threads/suggestion threads lol

Yeah XD, I was just thinking of a lot of stuff that this thread reminded me off :D

Before I found our server I played on a sorta serious roleplay server, everybody drove nice, everybody roleplay nicely, my only complaint was if your car exploded, it's gone forever, kids mugged you every 5 seconds, if you didn't give them money they tried to shoot your legs out with a auto and "accidently" kill you. Plus they allowed the N word so kids were screaming it over the mic. A sorta serious would be awesome, +1 (NO MUGGING THOUGH. MUGGING IS GAY.)

Personally I'd like it. I think the lite is a little dry cause I run out of things to do. Actually being able to genuinely role play (as long as I don't have to spend 4 hours a day to enjoy it) would be nice. However I'm much more CS:S than GMod so take my +1 with little weight.

Yes, so we can get rid of the retarded people, like eclipse, and a few others, what people don't realize is GMod is a game of imagination, sure it is great to mess around, but if you want to mess around, there are plenty of other servers, so if you don't like it, leave... There is always someone more serious then you that we can replace you with.

And note this to your opinions, not EVERYONE who plays GMod has SAMP...

Edited by Pilpest
  • Like 1

I like the idea...but it's not like I love it. HOWEVER! I really think that developing a DarkRP server would be much, much, much more beneficial to HG than a Serious RP PERP server...I know that darkrp is a different subject...but in the context of the "Next Gmod Server," it needs more attention than a serious rp perp server should get.

I like the idea...but it's not like I love it. HOWEVER! I really think that developing a DarkRP server would be much, much, much more beneficial to HG than a Serious RP PERP server...I know that darkrp is a different subject...but in the context of the "Next Gmod Server," it needs more attention than a serious rp perp server should get.

This ^^^ DarkRP is what we need, players are waiting to join the server whenever it gets up... Why waste our productivity on changing a lite to serious when we could get our "Serious" DarkRP server back up.

Edited by Pilpest
  • Like 1

I've always said this, but nobody has listened. It may just seem like i'm just ranting, but in SERIOUS rp there aren't random raids. You need a valid reason to raid somebody. You can't just be like "oh, tides 6 is owned, lets go raid there." It's alot better than getting hammered by veterans of the server when you're just starting out.

With our server being as strict as it is, (running red lights, going over the speed limit, cops being super aggressive all the time) Its basically already serious.

Personally I dont think a serious RP is the way to go, maybe Semi-Serious at most?

The original appeal of PERP for me was because I can come on, hang out, and play with no big deal or obligation to RP if I was tired or busy.

No one is stopping you from RPing though, as a cop I've done my fair share of semi-serious RP with people.

The fact that it is a Lite server means it becomes what you make of it. Serious RP would eliminate that choice.

• Like 3

I've always said this, but nobody has listened. It may just seem like i'm just ranting, but in SERIOUS rp there aren't random raids. You need a valid reason to raid somebody. You can't just be like "oh, tides 6 is owned, lets go raid there." It's alot better than getting hammered by veterans of the server when you're just starting out.

With our server being as strict as it is, (running red lights, going over the speed limit, cops being super aggressive all the time) Its basically already serious.

I would really like a server where there were no random raids. The fun for me in Perp is the players and the economy. I don't have an interest in raiding. Sure I'll go along for the ride, but I always feel bad when I hardly do anything and everyone else just leaves without taking the coke, so I take it all :D Would really like to grow w/o being raided.

This would mean there would be a better emphasis on gang wars. I think Gang wars would be awesome <3

Personally I dont think a serious RP is the way to go, maybe Semi-Serious at most?

The original appeal of PERP for me was because I can come on, hang out, and play with no big deal or obligation to RP if I was tired or busy.

No one is stopping you from RPing though, as a cop I've done my fair share of semi-serious RP with people.

The fact that it is a Lite server means it becomes what you make of it. Serious RP would eliminate that choice.

Amen

No one will listen. You'll be banning people like no tomorrow.

That's why SAMP is a ghost town. People get tired of /me /do /this /that.

They don't want to be banned for opening a door w/o saying "HAND SLOWLY TOUCHES DOOR"

I personally see no gain in it, as people might have other views, PERP lite is almost not reaching 60 anymore, due to the fact of new things.

Anyways good luck, best wishes.

• Like 1

No one will listen. You'll be banning people like no tomorrow.

That's why SAMP is a ghost town. People get tired of /me /do /this /that.

They don't want to be banned for opening a door w/o saying "HAND SLOWLY TOUCHES DOOR"

Read, use your eyes.

No, I'm not a fan of /me command. The idea behind the current server is that it would have been the only difference.

However, most people mess around too much on the current server and don't RP at all.

I would really like a server where there were no random raids. The fun for me in Perp is the players and the economy. I don't have an interest in raiding. Sure I'll go along for the ride, but I always feel bad when I hardly do anything and everyone else just leaves without taking the coke, so I take it all :D Would really like to grow w/o being raided.

That by itself would just ruin the economy, everyone would easily get rich and there would be no need to buy any guns or set up a base...