Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Would Like Your Thoughts!

dorito^

Hey VIP members.

A few HG members and myself have been thinking of working on an "admin training video". In which can be used too showcase the following

- Navigation through Admin Portal (tickets, purchasing admin/VIP, cancellation of outstanding products, etc)

- Commands (Console & Chat)

- How to look for hacks/scripts etc

- How to deal with racism/abuse/trolling etc

I'd like to have everyone's opinion on this idea, whether it should/shouldn't be done, and whether you can think of other areas to be covered throughout the video.

Thanks.

Edited by Revenant

I'd like to have everyone's opinion on this idea, whether it should/shouldn't be done, and whether you can think of other areas to be covered throughout the video.

I think it's a good idea - I don't care what anyone says, the more help the better.

Now, getting folks to actually use it / view it is another story.

I think it's a good idea - I don't care what anyone says, the more help the better.

Now, getting folks to actually use it / view it is another story.

I was leaning towards the idea of the video showing in-browser after a purchase of admin. Although, if you were to buy admin on multiple occassions; it would only appear on the first purchase. But it could be accessed on the forum at will?

Sorry to be mean but this stuff just makes me laugh, they dont read shit, i dont think they gonna watch it.

New admins gonna be derps and they will do stupid shit. There aint nothing fixing that.

Though I tend to agree with you, I don't think that means that HG should just stop trying. Again, the more information the better.

I honestly think it'd be a good idea. Granted Reddevil has a good point, not many are going to watch it. But when the derps DO screw up, you can refer them to the video and make them take a test. > : D

Edited by Lahani Sharkfin

- Navigation through Admin Portal (tickets, purchasing admin/VIP, cancellation of outstanding products, etc)
Hold off on that because we are doing away with that system shortly. Our new Store will be released soon. A video for new store once released would be awesome though :)

If nothing else, a video for spotting hackers would be good. Although the current write-up is great, it's a lot better to know exactly what to look for. I read the whole post on spotting hackers but there have still been things like bhop scripts and norecoil hacks that I didn't learn how to spot until much later.

A video will always get your message across more than words alone. I think it's a great idea personally. At the end of the day people will have a choice of media on how to be an admin and if they learn easier with video or text then it's all beneficial to HG and the wider community

Hold off on that because we are doing away with that system shortly. Our new Store will be released soon. A video for new store once released would be awesome though :)

I can do a vid of whatever you like just pm me if you need my help for that

for the "how to deal with racism/trolling etc" though guys idk that's more case to case basis, you can't really make a guide on how to handle that cause it really depends..

If so many people would want a guide for the "how to spot hacks" and whatnot though, I think we could/should put our hands together, and with "we" I mean css dA+ to help -hg- and up out. The more people make reports the better, and I see how a lot of people would be "afraid" to post a report when they're not sure whether or not people are hacking.

I like the idea a lot.

This is actually a really good idea. Make them watch the video or read the rules, then direct them to a short 5-10 question quiz. They won't be able to buy admin until the get 100% of the quiz. After they complete the quiz, it won't have to be done again. What do you think of the idea?

I'll say this... in really big letters for people. It's the same answer you'll get each and every time you suggest the GOOD OLE jailbreak quiz.

Jailbreak and ALL server admin privileges are a gift given as thanks for donating to HG. It is not a product purchased with binding conditions. It's a gift of gratitude. It comes with conditions not for the sake of the admin, but the server who has to DEAL with him. People can choose to donate and buy admin as they please, and aren't doing so for the sake of policing the server or its rules. It's a PRESENT with strings attached, not a contract with obligations.

There's a big difference between "Follow these rules or you lose your admin" and "If you break these rules, we will take your admin". The first is an obligation that you are presupposing they are buying into. The second is an after-the-fact condition that does not actually BIND the person to action, but LIMITS their actions from being extreme.

WHAT'S THIS ALL MEAN?

IT'S A GIFT! They're not PAYING FOR admin, they are receiving it and are in no obligation to enforcing the rules.

• Like 2

for the "how to deal with racism/trolling etc" though guys idk that's more case to case basis, you can't really make a guide on how to handle that cause it really depends..

I can. It's called Banhammer Time, featuring Banee McGee.

But the video wouldn't be a bad thing. Another reference tool for people. People would more likely watch a video than read a wall of text, but people like me just throw caution to the wind and just start banning people for freekills. Like.a.boss

I'll say this... in really big letters for people. It's the same answer you'll get each and every time you suggest the GOOD OLE jailbreak quiz.

Jailbreak and ALL server admin privileges are a gift given as thanks for donating to HG. It is not a product purchased with binding conditions. It's a gift of gratitude. It comes with conditions not for the sake of the admin, but the server who has to DEAL with him. People can choose to donate and buy admin as they please, and aren't doing so for the sake of policing the server or its rules. It's a PRESENT with strings attached, not a contract with obligations.

There's a big difference between "Follow these rules or you lose your admin" and "If you break these rules, we will take your admin". The first is an obligation that you are presupposing they are buying into. The second is an after-the-fact condition that does not actually BIND the person to action, but LIMITS their actions from being extreme.

WHAT'S THIS ALL MEAN?

IT'S A GIFT! They're not PAYING FOR admin, they are receiving it and are in no obligation to enforcing the rules.

This