Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

(Under $60) Reliable Pc Headsets

DeathShot

I've heard that turtlebeach is a pain in the ass for PC with buzzing/humming, volume control, etc.

if you max them out then you will, but if you listen to your music/games at a normal human level there is not buzzing/humming. volume controls are all outstanding

plantronic 780 fo sho.

I got the SteelSeries Siberia V2 or whatever and the mic is excellent but the sound quality is fairly lacking (for a $90 headset). At max volume, it is "fairly loud" and the bass is severely lacking. The headset is quite comfortable, however. For another comparison, my Sennheiser $30 headphones sound a ton better than this headset. Not a good purchase imo...

I bought my friend the Plantronics 780 headset and the sound quality blows the SteelSeries out of the water for $35 less and the mic is just as good.

However, I've heard from audiophiles that the best way to go is to buy nice headphones for 50 bucks or so and then find a clip-on microphone. Supposedly, headset manufacturers just aren't up to par on sound quality, for the price, compared to headphones.

Edited by Jadis