Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How Hg Is Like A Second Family

Zekk

Some things I consistantly hear from some of the members and vets who have left us is that HG has changed. HG is not the same as it used to be this is true. But all and all this is a good thing. If HG had remained a cs:s only clan, we would be dead by now like so many other clans out there.

People complain that jail break has changed or that gmod has changed. but honestly there are few people left to remember back when we didnt need (sorry to jb and gmod players) gimicky servers to be popular. We had quality cs:s servers and that was enough. those times ended when games evolved and cs:s was not the coolest kid on the block anymore.

We needed to branch out and pick up new divisions to survive. New games will come and go, Divisions will rise and fall, but HG will continue to be there to provide the one thing that new games can not.

Community.

Our HG family is a bond that holds us together as gamers and as can help guide us as people. I am proud of being an HG member and I try to share that with people I meet.

It is the support and friendship HG is capable of provideing that makes it unique as a clan.

We have some of the most experienced and dedicated Managment in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Homer busts his tail to keep this community running and sometimes we might forget that he has taken on this ever increasing burden with little thanks. Without ever talking to Homer personally, I know for a fact that he spends tons of his time sorting through messages that should go to lower managment, but instaid go to his mailbox. I know that he spends tons of time fixing servers and planing the next steps HG is taking both financially and in structure.

Enigma, Faded and the rest of the council and upper management spend hours of each day working to improve the way things work in HG, and it shows. And while we have had some bad luck with some division managers and advisors. I try to remember that these are not paid jobs, but volunteer positions. These people take on the responsability of running HG's forums and events with little to no positive gains for themselves. For that I am greatfull.

HG is like a second family. We play together, we work together, and we dream together.

Every good family needs to have growing pains, and we have some. but in a pinch you know you can count on your HG family to be there for you.

When something tragic happens, we get together and try to help our fellow friends because tomorrow it could be us.

This is the core of HG. The Heart of it.

We may all be here for our own enjoyment, but when push comes to shove we are here for each other.

This is what makes HG great.

Right now, I have my own problems. My grandmother is in the hospital, perhaps for the last time. And my great grandmother is very neer that point as well. And even as I make preperations to travel across the country on short notice. I know that If i need to,if it's too much, I can take just a moment to read my friends posts and for just a moment be able to forget those bad things and maybe smile.

Thats what HG does for me. It's a solid anchor of friendship even in the darkest times.

Thank you Homer, Enigma, Bort, Clark, Dirty, Enigma, Lamp, The Monkey, Ur'Shulgi, Bonbon, Faded, F4ithl3ss, Jake, JJK, Kigen, Lt. Awesome ,SuperSkreech, and Weeman as well as all the Dl's and Da's that keep HG running day in and day out.

Many people leave HG when life gets rough, but I think those times are when we need HG most.

HG provides the ability to forget your troubles for just a moment and just be a gamer together with friends.

-Zekk-

Edited by Zekk
  • Like 11

Well said, I remember I was bored one day and wanted to see how PERP ran on my computer, so I tried Hellsgamers, next thing I knew, I was hooked. I instantly fell in love with how the admins and mods worked so well with other players, and no matter how much shit they go through, they still are helpful and happy the next day. I literally flinch when someone is a dick to a mod/admin on HG server because THEY DON'T DESERVE IT. So when I got Counterstrike for Christmas, I instantly knew what servers to play on, however with my brother without a job, he stays home all the time and I hardly have enough time to use his Gaming Computer, I still play Garry's Mod and stuff, but I'm very limited with a 1.3 processor. My brother is looking for a job so it won't be too long till I can get back on. IN the meantime however, I would personally like to thank:

Nevodka- for being awesome.

Rizon- for being so caring and being a friend.

Kigen- for working so hard on PERP.

Homer- for working so hard on everything that I love about Hellsgamers.

Superskreech- for being awesome.

Father Blessing- for being a good mod and dealing with my daily bullshit :P

Inc- for being so god damn sexy. Mmmm. Oh baby...... OH! And being a good mod too.

Plaayer- for being so awesome to me.

Conkers- for being an awesome mod and working so hard on OCRP.

JJK- for being awesome :D

If I'm forgetting anyone I'm sorry and I LOVE YOU ALL! <3 <3 <3

Edited by Cowboy Blessing

I get what you mean.

I joined HG thinking this was gonna be some place that I was just going to play games with people.

Turned out I was wrong, I've met some great people in this community, some people I've gotten closer to than I did people in irl. Whether that be talking to them about life, or even having each others phone number. Or meeting irl, but that's a different story. (muse is a noshow)

Some people in this community I will try never to lose contact with, simply because they've become more than just 'someone I know online'.

• Like 2

Frankly, a good majority of the people who leave HG from dissatisfaction were not much a part of the community at large. Usually, those people stick to this tightly bound group of people and both fail to include others and seek to exclude some. But you don't get to pick your family. If you want to earnestly become part of this community of people, see it grow, and be a part of that growth (and understandably there are some members who have no interest in that; I at times am one of them), then it takes more than seeing and talking to the same 6/7 people each day.

It takes time in the servers getting to know even FoHGs. It takes a willingness to contribute where your skills and eagerness can be of use. Perhaps most importantly, it takes humility to know where you do not need to overstep your boundaries. Lastly, it takes recognition of other people's skills, especially those who are noticed by others and perhaps placed into leadership as a result.

So don't go saying HG has changed as a whole when you're peeking at it through the cracks of your bathroom stall. Those who are not willing to open the door and seek after becoming a contributing piece to this community's progress have no room to critique it.

Zekk's been here longer than most the people I know. Zekk I hope the best for your grandmother and great grandmother. I'll be praying for you to retain a hope for their well-being as well as a perseverance for when things don't turn out as planned. Coincidentally, those two things are what I believe we need our members to hold on to as well for the sake of HG. Hope and believe in leadership that HG is headed in the right direction. But be willing to persevere and adapt if it does not go the way you expect.

• Like 1

Well said, I remember I was bored one day and wanted to see how PERP ran on my computer, so I tried Hellsgamers, next thing I knew, I was hooked. I instantly fell in love with how the admins and mods worked so well with other players, and no matter how much shit they go through, they still are helpful and happy the next day. I literally flinch when someone is a dick to a mod/admin on HG server because THEY DON'T DESERVE IT. So when I got Counterstrike for Christmas, I instantly knew what servers to play on, however with my brother without a job, he stays home all the time and I hardly have enough time to use his Gaming Computer, I still play Garry's Mod and stuff, but I'm very limited with a 1.3 processor. My brother is looking for a job so it won't be too long till I can get back on. IN the meantime however, I would personally like to thank:

Nevodka- for being awesome.

Rizon- for being so caring and being a friend.

Kigen- for working so hard on PERP.

Homer- for working so hard on everything that I love about Hellsgamers.

Superskreech- for being awesome.

Father Blessing- for being a good mod and dealing with my daily bullshit :P

Inc- for being so god damn sexy. Mmmm. Oh baby...... OH! And being a good mod too.

Plaayer- for being so awesome to me.

Conkers- for being an awesome mod and working so hard on OCRP.

JJK- for being awesome :D

If I'm forgetting anyone I'm sorry and I LOVE YOU ALL! <3 <3 <3

:( you forgot me.

Very well put zekk.

I get what you mean.

I joined HG thinking this was gonna be some place that I was just going to play games with people.

Turned out I was wrong, I've met some great people in this community, some people I've gotten closer to than I did people in irl. Whether that be talking to them about life, or even having each others phone number. Or meeting irl, but that's a different story. (muse is a noshow)

Some people in this community I will try never to lose contact with, simply because they've become more than just 'someone I know online'.

hiderqtpie

I joined HG because of the people and I've stayed for the people. I dont like everyone in it, i dont always agree with everything that goes on, but nothings perfect and i've made some really good friends since I got here.

Aint so bad afterall

I joined HG because of the people and I've stayed for the people.

Same. Even more, if I hadn't joined HG, I never would've been exposed to minigames, which I now play more than anything else, and gaming wouldn't be as social. Even when I'm playing terrible or bored, being in teamspeak makes the game so much better and more playable.

Although I don't think things are perfect, HG servers are the only ones I can see myself playing on for the community that's on them.

I get what you mean.

I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT THATS WHY I STAYED AROUND FOR 4 YRS!!

• Like 1