Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Proof That Jb Map Is Causing Lag

*GG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_526455&feature=iv&src_vid=O44wZitRJwo&v=31hZH-RCwGM

im not trying to rag on anyone i just want the lag gone. anyone else wanna comment?

[insert cool gif here because im bonbon]

took these pictures using "wireframe_3" which reveals the poor map design.

post-14070-0-45449700-1363192091_thumb.png

post-14070-0-28712200-1363192108_thumb.png

Edited by XLoad3d

You understand that the map, without players, plays fine, it's the multiplayer models, plug ins and just source which lags people. I can load the map and run it at over 500 fps though when I go into game I get 200ish fps. The large open areas of the map are something that might lag the map but you also have to understand that when you compile a map, VVIS optimizes the map for you, places areaportals that you can't see, but in bad places because computers don't always make the best decisions. Func_detail only helps make it so visleaves don't end up retarded and basically everything that can be Func_detail is, hint and skip is used to cut visleaves which areaportals also do depending on your view while you're looking at it. The only hint and skip I added to the csgo map was over the cells to the floor so cells and everything below it would be hidden again, depending on your view. It's normal and done by many professional mappers (kosire..) to put area portals are doors and windows.

• Like 1

I know, I'm just saying most lag comes from it being multiplayer with all the extra players, especially when there are 64 of them. The lag is client side, considering the servers running off the best server cpus atm. Only way to get rid of it is on your side, using a cfg or upgrading your computer.

im not referring to my fps, when the server starts to get laggy it happens to everyone. i know HG JB having 64 players does play a role in that because its taking it to the max on server side. but map optimization will help the server side lagg.

I don't get it you changed your original post from something that made no sense to talk about something else that makes no sense. I don't know if you know this but that's how every map on css is if you use r_drawothermodels 2 on them... all those blue objects you see behind walls are mostly just props... The game engine isn't going to just magically stop rendering props you can't see from your view point, it doesn't work that way.

when the server starts to get laggy it happens to everyone

If it really were the map it would lag all the time, not just when it feels like it. What you're talking about is just regular server lag.

the server has dipped below 40 fps several times an hour.

But, now the server has changed, and I have not asked the server for its stats.

I wish i had time to go over this with our mappers

double post ban me.

all of those screenshots are behidn a garage door.

its kind of important to see stuff when it opens

rather than you see nothign, then you step through, than BAM...props!

but, this certainly could be improoved with a diff layout i agree

JB works fine for me and plenty others. When we start tryin to fix shit that isnt broken then shit breaks. Basically what im trying to say is...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

If you are getting FPS lag on CS:S then you need to stop your brazzers subscription and save up the money for some parts. The freeway would be to search up a .cfg and to use that.

Since Homer Moved CSS JB and CSGO JB to the new servers things are running pretty smooth. I went from 96 ms to 65 ms and thats with 54/60 players with all trails, sprays, lasers, attachments, HLDJ and ragdolls enabled, running it at my natural 100 fps

tl;dr

Only way to get rid of it is on your side, using a cfg or upgrading your computer.

we upgrade the serverboxes and people still find a way to fucking bitch

yes totally ignore all the wack ass VISLEAFS and talk about the new servers...... that will throw em off the scent

Edited by XLoad3d

yes totally ignore all the wack ass VISLEAFS and talk about the new servers...... that will throw em off the scent

Idk anything bout mapping or what not, but when JJK says something can be improved that usually means its gonna be worked on. Ill underline it so u can see

double post ban me.

all of those screenshots are behidn a garage door.

its kind of important to see stuff when it opens

rather than you see nothign, then you step through, than BAM...props!

but, this certainly could be improoved with a diff layout i agree

Just because not everyone agrees with you doesn't mean your wrong. Maybe dont gass up(make a bigger issue) the visleafs so much to yourself when they are not an end of JB type problem.

Maybe take a deep breath and keep calm.

Here is some cuteness to help

´ â–½ ` )ノ (・∀・ ) (  ゚,_ã‚゚) ლ(Ì◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)(n˘v˘•)¬(✿ ♥‿♥)

I'm not saying you were wrong, and never said I didn't believe you. It's the way that you're replying to others in the thread that's making you look like a jackass. If you want to go ahead and fix all those angles in the map, I'm not stopping you.

• Like 2

Get a computer that was made less than 8 years ago, and you'll have no problems rendering ~20 props at a time.

Or, if you REALLY want me to get rid of client sided lag I can go ahead and remove smoke grenades, hats, trails, all lasers, disco, drugs and pretty much anything cool from the server. But honestly, I'd prefer if you would just upgrade your computer, or tone down the settings, and just

barbaradealwithit.gif

dealwithit.gif

dealwithit2.gif

dealwithit3.gif

gangnam.gif

Also

whatever any mapmaker would know what those pictures mean. You obviously aren't a fucking map maker.

This is pretty funny coming from you. I mean, sure, you're good at linking youtube tutorial videos to us and pretending you know what's going on, when you get down to actually doing stuff, let's look at the facts... It's been what, 3 months, and you STILL haven't been able to compile a single working BSP with textures installed. In fact, wasn't it the same person you just called "[not] a fucking map maker", that was trying to help you, because he actually knows how?

So please...

keephating.gif

So I can post more of these gifs.

• Like 12

Bonbon wins.

whatever any mapmaker would know what those pictures mean. You obviously aren't a fucking map maker.

If you really see that big of a problem with a map and you "know how to map", then why wouldn't you just fix it and submit the map, like a gentleman?

I don't know if you know this but that's how every map on css is if you use r_drawothermodels 2 on them

I used "wireframe_3" YOU ASS

oh and Bonbon besides having to design and build the map. i've had to design and build the map. so whats it to you how long i take? nobody asked me to do this. im doing it on my own time with no help. so heres a "working bsp" of the map.

so bonbon no diamelo wasnt trying to help because diamelo doesn't know what hes talking about when i took those in-game wireframe pictures.

anyone who wouldn't consider how to improve the gameplay quality is a fool. doesn't matter if its the scripts, plugins, trails, hats, models, or whatever area of a video game that can be improved.

cstrike.rar

Edited by XLoad3d

After reading all these threads, and dealing with this shit in general

pretendsuicidexzHsG.gif

disgusted.gif

throwcomputerintrash.gif

YOU ASS

a fool.

blackguyfuckyou.gif

nonononono.gif

thatshitaintfunnymothafucker.gif

I don't get it though, it seems as if this is all you've accomplished on the map

• Triple the map size from 30MB to 100MB. That extra 70 MB is more than all of our hats, trails, and models combined.
  • Take some one elses sponge bob kitchen, which the textures are still broken
  • Add guns (which you would have had to remove, too unbalanced), and a broken trigger to sauna.
  • Changed the vents to a tunnel, and added a bomb (which would have to be removed), just adding more textures and download time, pretty much.
  • replaced soccer with broken triggers.
  • Added a revolutionary blue light in VIP
  • Broke deagle textures
  • Made obstacle water blue, now it entices me too much to go for a swim in it.

All the changes you made I would have made you take out, except for the soccer change. Had you actually listened to me in the first PMs you sent me about getting a working BSP with textures before you proceeded, you would have found this out.

nobody asked me to do this. im doing it on my own time with no help. so heres a "working bsp" of the map.d

coolstory.gif

almostgaveafuck.gif

And shit like this

load3dlIRUy.png

Is not what we want from people who are contributing to this community. We don't want another salsa with this mapping shit, so I think I'm going to have to decline your offer of a new map.

Good day sir, and remember.

hatersgonnahate.gif

Oh, and by the way. All the threads you made with long rants, youtube "tutorials" as "proof"

didntread.gif

didntreadlol.gif

• Like 11