Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

1200 Dollar Build, Hook Me Up

The Sh@dow

1. Budget

2. Brand preferences

NVIDIA

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?

Gaming, duh

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?

I dont give a shit, long as i get a good deal.

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?

Mouse, headset

6. Do you plan to overlock?

sure why not

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer?

Nope

Here's one I threw together, Comes with windows 7 and a monitor because from your post I just assumed you want a new one

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PlSQ

Here's another one if you don't need a Monitor, I just got a 3gb 660ti model with a better fan and a 120gb ssd for your boot drive and a few games

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PlZP

You also have $50 extra on that last one, you could throw that at a better CPU cooler if you want but the Hyper 212 is pretty solid. Maybe get some case fans or something.

Edit: You should probobaly use the 3gb 660 ti in both builds, I just noticed how much cheaper it is with rebates and it's a better performing card :D

Edited by Vice

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QfCf

Was a bit over your budget, but can be easily fixed by a smaller ssd(or no ssd at all).

Jesus, that video card is a fucking steal, though i'd stay away from that hard drive. 16mb of cache is gonna make you cry. If anything i'd just get rid of the ssd and grab a WD Black edition, good build though. I do think the 3770k is way overkill for this though haha.

Edited by Anonymau5

Jesus, that video card is a fucking steal, though i'd stay away from that hard drive. 16mb of cache is gonna make you cry. If anything i'd just get rid of the ssd and grab a WD Black edition, good build though. I do think the 3770k is way overkill for this though haha.

Absolutely, I was surprised when I found that card at that price. I have had the same drive for the games/storage on my PC for a few years with minimal issues. I believe with the OS on the SSD, you wouldn't be able to notice the not-so-fast speed on the slower 500 GB drive. The CPU could of course be downgraded to the I7-3770(AFAIK the only difference is that the 3770K is unlocked).

Absolutely, I was surprised when I found that card at that price. I have had the same drive for the games/storage on my PC for a few years with minimal issues. I believe with the OS on the SSD, you wouldn't be able to notice the not-so-fast speed on the slower 500 GB drive. The CPU could of course be downgraded to the I7-3770(AFAIK the only difference is that the 3770K is unlocked).

I'd grab a 3570 if anything. Shouldnt need an i7 unless you're doing insane amounts of multitasking.