Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer Crashing During Cs: Go

I tried verifying my game cache using Steam, and it said that two files couldn't be verified, or something like that. I can't find any instructions on what to do about that.

My computer's frozen and crashed a few times lately while playing the game, and cycling through the boot process/shutting down rapidly. It gave like 10 beeps during the bootup when it did work.

I'm going to blast the computer with compressed air, which I haven't done as often as I need to, check if any RAM is loose, and I changed my nvidia graphics card settings to maximum performance or whatever it is that's recommended instead of adaptive.

Anyone else have this issue and know what it could be?

• Like 1

Took out my RAM, unplugged the power supply, removed a lot of dust with the last of my compressed air, put the RAM back in, and tried to turn the computer on.

It wouldn't even turn on for a while. Then I saw that the plug had come loose in the outlet, so I pushed it in.

Then the computer turned on but a red light came on on the motherboard and produced a lot of beeps while the computer wouldn't even boot up. I was stuck with this for hours and wanted to get on my brother's laptop (who was out of the house) to search for solutions. I couldn't because my brother keeps his computer password protected.

I called him to ask if he'd buy some compressed air and for the password since he could trust me. He wouldn't give it to me. I promised to make him pay for this.

He got home and logged onto his slow as hell laptop for me. I searched around finding nothing. I opened his facebook page to try to post status updates by him saying that he was stupid and smelled and ate poop. But I was laughing so hysterically just starting to do it that he came over, wondering what I was doing, and caught me.

He grabbed the laptop from me. In the struggle, he knocked over one of my still perfectly working 11 year old Monsoon speakers off my table and onto the floor. He logged out of facebook. I searched around some more while he fell asleep and realized I should make sure I put my RAM in properly. One RAM card was backwards, so I fixed that. Still, nothing when I re-inserted the rest.

Then I realized that I had to push them in really, really hard, until they firmly snapped in. I don't know how I messed that up on every single one before.

Now the computer turns on.

Since I promised to get my brother back, I added a bunch of websites to his browser's favorites-lemon party, tubgirl, BME pain olympics, and a few google search results with his name saying "I'm stupid and I eat poop and smell and like to touch poop," and things like that.

I will do more to get him. He should have trusted me with his password. I would never want to get on his slow laptop except to search for how to fix my computer.

I will keep you all updated.

Edited by Servo
  • Like 1

Really? Would love to know how you managed to do that given that they really only install in one direction.

Well, the answer is that I didn't securely lock it in. The locking mechanisms on the ends locked in place, but I didn't realize that the RAM stick wasn't firmly in the port. It was only when I turned it around that I could firmly snap it in.

• Like 1

Well, the answer is that I didn't securely lock it in. The locking mechanisms on the ends locked in place, but I didn't realize that the RAM stick wasn't firmly in the port. It was only when I turned it around that I could firmly snap it in.

Oh god, he probably jammed it in the slot real good to try to get it to fit, you better hope that slot still works.