Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Quick Demos

Sonick

I know there are times where something is going on and you can't get to the console fast enough to start recording a demo so I thought I would share these binds. This allows quick access to start recording a demo. The only issue is, once you stop it, if you start recording again it will override the last recorded demo, that is also a plus because you won't have 100 demos to go through to find the right one.

You can use whichever keys you choose, I use f6 and f7. You can use whichever name you want but to make it easy I just use demoproof. Open console and type

unbind f6

unbind f7

bind f6 "record demoproof"

bind f7 "stop"

Just make sure you either rename the demo or upload it before you record again or else you will lose that demo when you start recording your new demo.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Not sure about tf2, but in css you can customize the menu to do stuff by editing the gamemenu.res.

"1"
{
"label" "Record Demo"
"command" "engine record menudemo" // records "menudemo"
}
"1"
{
"label" "Stop Demo"
"command" "engine stop" // stops recording
}
"1"
{