Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Achievement Idle

Hey, since the new update I noticed that a achievement idle server would be a great idea since drops only drop on mapchange and our jb Server doesn't have mapchanges, so it would be awesome if you could (instead of idling the Jailbreak) just could switch to this achievement idle server with the !idle command and

1. Idle for new guns and shizzle

2. Idle for rep

3. And maybe a kill farm thing for the StatTrak thingy

Tell me what you think of this idea :)

• Like 2

Interesting idea, any idea how often drops are generated or how many drops a player can receive in a week?

As far as I seen, it is based on mapchange, was on a Server with 20 people and in the end it did show that one got a "Jungle USP", but only one... + a guy with which I talked who got a server with the map achievement_idle said to me that it is based on how long the round is (what gives you a higher chance for a drop) and a friend of mine who plays tf2, said it is timebased, about 50 minutes playing gives you one drop, I guess cs:go got a similar timespan :P

oh, and

• Timed weapon drops, just by playing on official and community servers in any game mode.
  • Opening dropped weapon cases with a weapon case key.
  • Trade weapons with other players through Steam's Trading interface.
  • Purchase them from other players through the Steam Marketplace.

aaaaand in the end:

http://blog.counter-strike.net/armsdeal/faq.php

Edited by xWolfpack

In comp if you play a close match it usually drops 3-5 crates. Someone told me before that you only get 2 drops per week, but one of my buddies got 4 drops in the past 3 days (can anyone confirm if there is a cap?).

This is what I heard that as one plays the drop rate increases if you haven't gotten a drop. And when you do it starts to decline until the next week, where it should reset and restart the process again.

Edited by TofuRak

As far as I seen, it is based on mapchange, was on a Server with 20 people and in the end it did show that one got a "Jungle USP", but only one... + a guy with which I talked who got a server with the map achievement_idle said to me that it is based on how long the round is (what gives you a higher chance for a drop) and a friend of mine who plays tf2, said it is timebased, about 50 minutes playing gives you one drop, I guess cs:go got a similar timespan :P

oh, and

aaaaand in the end:

http://blog.counter-...rmsdeal/faq.php

Just to clarify about TF2 drops. Valve got angry that people were idling to get weapons so they pretty much banned idling. The only way you can get weapons now in TF2 is by clicking the notifications that pop up to get your weapons. If they did this to TF2 I'm pretty sure they aren't going to allow idling in CSGO but then again who knows lmao. It'd be a good idea to have an idle server though if you wanna go in there and idle for rep.

Just to clarify about TF2 drops. Valve got angry that people were idling to get weapons so they pretty much banned idling. The only way you can get weapons now in TF2 is by clicking the notifications that pop up to get your weapons. If they did this to TF2 I'm pretty sure they aren't going to allow idling in CSGO but then again who knows lmao. It'd be a good idea to have an idle server though if you wanna go in there and idle for rep.

Yup, got often kicked in spec cuz server full ... :D

But I think so far Idle Server's work, but the problem is: Valve prevented the idling mainly by the fact that it really NEEDS a mapchange, otherwise no drops, that's why our jailbreak server is useless for farming drops :D so in fact the best way would be to make the timelimit for the round to 60 Minutes, get a dm plugin for respawnz and maybe a way to skip the beginning motd where you have to press "Ok" to get to the team menu..... otherwise the idler has to check back each hour I guess

• 2 weeks later...