Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

!fire Abuse

blazedd

I believe !fire does its job well. If all the CT's are terrible leads, then they deserve to be fired 20 rounds in a row. Maybe they should consider switching teams for a while, I'd even bet there are a few T's in the queue that might take the lead. I don't think that turning off the announcements will benefit anyone. Along with that, the amount still needed to fire someone is only shown to the person who did the firing, and therefore helps indirect promoting. If the fire announcement were to be removed, it would have be be OK to inform new players what !fire does, which is usually seen as promoting right now. Ie, someone is complaining about the lead, to shut them up/help them, you let them know that they can !fire the lead. I see no problem with this case either way, but have seen people call it promoting instead of informing.

TL;DR: Leave it alone, get better leads, play T.

I'm not sure you understood what was going on. ANYONE that lead was being fired just so the T's could have a freeday. Regular players were giving rep to the bankrupt ones so the !fire abuse could keep going. The server went from ~35 players down to less than 20 players. It wasn't jailbreak, anymore. It was CS:S with T's favor. It was ruining the game and driving players away. I agree with the fact !fire normally does it's job well, but it was being abused and it only took a few people to accomplish it when most players didn't want it.

A lead typically get fired when other players know the lead is poor from prior history or if he/she is incomprehensible. In the instances that there's the snowball effect, the incrementally increasing rep needed to fire will eventually be too much and stop the firing. If you play on CT, just kill all the rebels, and then they will realize that CTs are too stronk and that real days should be had instead.

Edited by RageQuit

Often times there is a chain reaction of firing in jailbreak, especially if it's a fire of a commonly known player. Once you fire a good lead everyone in the server gets a laugh, so you do the same thing next round. Good leads get fired just because its comical and everyone else is doing it. I don't really see why we need to notify in chat that someone has voted to fire the lead. People would submit their own opinions to !fire and that's fine, if they promote they get punished accordingly.

• Like 1

I don't know why i always see people complaining about !fire, if the lead is shitty the players will !fire them, if people start spamming or promoting !fire we have about 15+ admins on CSS JB at any given time, all of which are always ready to gag/mute/ban players for next to nothing..should not be an issue getting help if it is being "abused"

• Like 2

I don't really see why we need to notify in chat that someone has voted to fire the lead.

Many times I've noticed that a player will vote to !fire, then later on type !fire again, which is promoting. If the announcement was revoked, how would we see when a player actually fires and when a player is promoting?

• Like 2

Many times I've noticed that a player will vote to !fire, then later on type !fire again, which is promoting. If the announcement was revoked, how would we see when a player actually fires and when a player is promoting?

Good logic, But you know as well as I do that people fire for no reason, sometimes even before a first order is given just because its funny to see a well-known player get fired. I think mabye if someone types !fire in chat, it shouldnt show up, similar to how admins have /psay.

• 4 weeks later...