Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

!fire Abuse

blazedd

This isn't targeting any one specific player or group of players. This is just a mention of how the !fire system ingame is being abused. Especially with a smaller number of players the T's are able to force a freeday by using !fire each round. Sure they will run out of rep at some point, but many players have several thousand and even are giving rep to help the other players to use !fire.

Before someone comes in and says something like "You are just mad because you were fired": I rarely leed and was not a victim of this. I actually was bored because I was tired of playing freeday after freeday. If I wanted to play 10 v 20 find another way of doing this. The way !fire currently works is game breaking and made several people, including myself ragequit. More so than changing the way !fire uses. I am suggesting that it should be admin enforce-able to prevent this type of behavior. I'm not demanding any changes, just stating that it's breaking gameplay and stating my grievance in hopes that others state how they feel or bring up a better suggestion.

Edited by blazedd

I gotta say I don't understand how it's "easy to ban" for situations like this. It's different than promoting. Taking away the indicator for the number of votes needed to fire helped a whole lot but that snowball effect still happens. There's not a lot to do besides indicate when someone fires a lead which would be just too far.

It's just one of those things that I think has to be tolerated. Admins can't tell if someone is giving someone else rep to fire. And if you type !fire every round, you end up losing a lot of rep. After 7 or 8 rounds you lose 100 rep and it keeps growing. What they choose to do with their rep should be their choice.

This goes back to CTs "abusing" !buy menu to buy a ton of health and speed. Sure, it makes it impossible to rebel. But if a CT wants to spend 1k rep for one day, then it's his choice.

Edited by xafizzle

sure there can be a better way

but its easy to start bannign if peopel spam fire or promote it

inb4 CTU again lol.

!fire is and always will be a nusinace to us all. People will always spam it regardless because it's the interent and if they do not like you they will attempt to fire you. If obvious abuse of !fire is used. Record/Screenshot, post report if needed.

Blazzed I know you know this. There's no real rule for it but it's frowded upon if people abuse it. Find the nearest CS:S/CS:GO Div Adv depending on which JB server.

Edited by Rizon
  • Like 1

The only fix i would recommend is taking the announcement away completely. Ts/cts get the thrill out of firing a lead just to ruin a day. Taking away the announcement would quickly stop this game, and obviously if a ct is being a terrible lead or derping then the ts/cts could rack up enough votes without seeing it in the chat box.

The only fix i would recommend is taking the announcement away completely. Ts/cts get the thrill out of firing a lead just to ruin a day. Taking away the announcement would quickly stop this game, and obviously if a ct is being a terrible lead or derping then the ts/cts could rack up enough votes without seeing it in the chat box.

Unfortunately, if they took the announcements out, expect people to be promoting fire like crazy. It'd get too hectic I think.

Let's say someone fires, no announcement shows, then they continue to promote fire. Yes they get punished for it, but then we'd be punishing a lot of people.

Maybe theres another solution... When you call a warday two times in a row, you need to face a few round's cooldwon, right? How 'bout there gets to be a !fire cooldown. If theres a derp lead during the cooldown, no worries, you can always rebel right? They're derps, they won't even notice you sneaking away

Posted 8 minutes ago

snapback.pngRizon, on September 3 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

inb4 CTU again lol.

snapback.png(Headband)(EG), on September 4 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

May These Great Champions Rise Again one day to save the JB community from the Evil Terrorist

ill do a song called CTU Back like joell ortiz'z big puns back

• Like 1

I actually think there was some pretty good solutions here. The announcement that a fire was issued in itself often promotes firing someone. If a lead is truly awful the !fire command should be able to do it's job without people needing to know how many have done it or how many is needed. Knowing the numbers only allows you to follow the crowd or strong-arm the situation over the lead. For example yesterday when finisher was getting fired round after round he started issuing the same commands for the T's to follow. I then asked him if he was going to do the same thing this round. After he said yes I used !fire as I knew I was the last T needed to use !fire.

Perhaps another solution would be raise the count needed for the fire and made CT votes worth 2 points for the fire (a truly derp lead will have no CT support either).

Thanks rizon. I wasn't sure if this was something an admin could stop as there was a couple server admins and HG members and I assumed someone would have addressed it if possible. The next logical step was to come to the forums.

May These Great Champions Rise Again one day to save the JB community from the Evil Terrorist

True Story. btw where the hell is joemothafuckingyoung?

Posted 8 minutes ago

snapback.pngRizon, on September 3 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

inb4 CTU again lol.

snapback.png(Headband)(EG), on September 4 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

ill do a song called CTU Back like joell ortiz'z big puns back

You won't mate. no balls. xD

Thanks rizon. I wasn't sure if this was something an admin could stop as there was a couple server admins and HG members and I assumed someone would have addressed it if possible. The next logical step was to come to the forums.

I feel ya blazzed at first when it became an issue I didn't know where to turn either. JJK lead me in the right direction and now sharing the knowledge... ya know :P

Edited by Rizon

• Executive Council

I believe !fire does its job well. If all the CT's are terrible leads, then they deserve to be fired 20 rounds in a row. Maybe they should consider switching teams for a while, I'd even bet there are a few T's in the queue that might take the lead. I don't think that turning off the announcements will benefit anyone. Along with that, the amount still needed to fire someone is only shown to the person who did the firing, and therefore helps indirect promoting. If the fire announcement were to be removed, it would have be be OK to inform new players what !fire does, which is usually seen as promoting right now. Ie, someone is complaining about the lead, to shut them up/help them, you let them know that they can !fire the lead. I see no problem with this case either way, but have seen people call it promoting instead of informing.

TL;DR: Leave it alone, get better leads, play T.