Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Item Drops

Misc2008

How is it that lots of people get really cool item drops but all I get is ...well stuff good for melting down into scrap? Is it just bad luck or is there some secret?

Are you talking about MvM drops? Or just drops in general. You have to get kinda lucky to get good drops in Mvm. Drops in general, all they are is just weapons for you to scrap into metal.

• 1 month later...

Well you did kinda necro the thread but I guess I'll explain the best I can.

Players get items every 30-70 minutes. However, there is a cap to how many drops you can get and the amount of playtime to get drops, roughly 10 hours. Meaning you can only get 10 hours of drops weekly and you are done. According to tf2wiki, the drops counts reset every Thursday at 00:00 GMT. The remaining time you have for drops (if you play >10 hours one week) is added to your next week of drops. And obviously, the more drops you get, the more chances you have at a craft hat or some other rare thing. But in terms of the actual drops, they are completely random unless you are free to play and you can't get hats or rare items.

Paraphrased from http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system

• 2 weeks later...