Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How To Get Proof For Bans

Icon

How to get proof

Other Guides/Rules:

Main Admin Training Guide

Jailbreak Admin Guide

Jailbreak Bible

How to catch a hacker

Guide on what NOT to do

HLDJ/Mic Rules

Macrodox Guide

Rules for Racism

Guide To Make A Ban/T-List Report

Demos

To get a demo you must first have your console enabled.

To do so you want to go to options > keyboard.

If in css/tf2/gmod advanced (tab at bottom). In the popup box, check "Enable developer console"

Now when console is enabled open it up. Default key is ~.

1. Type record <demo name> and hit enter. Whatever you type in place of demo name is the name the demo will save to your hard drive as.*
  2. After starting the recording, type status in console to get player info.
  3. Let it run in first person view of the player in question for a few minutes. To stop recording type stop in console. The longer the demo the better but dont record a 15+ minute long demo unless you have to.

*Recording a demo using a name of an already existent demo will overwrite the previous demo.

Finding the demo:

1. Go to your Steam folder
  2. Click the folder Steamapps
  3. Click the folder Common
  4. Click on your game's folder.
  5. Click on the folder with your game's name on it again
  6. Every demo you have recorded is in there :D

Optional - Review the demo:

This really only applies for demos of suspected wallhackers.

1. Open console
  2. type demoui and hit enter
  3. a demo modulating window will appear, click load
  4. a window appears, find the name of the demo and double click to load
  5. demo will play automatically, so press pause
  6. open console
  7. type r_drawothermodels 2 and hit enter
  8. close console and play the demo
  9. to turn wireframe off, type r_drawothermodels 1 in console

This shows you wireframe models of the players and some models in the map. Using r_drawothermodels 2 makes catching wallhackers much easier after you have a demo.

If a player is suspected of using a nospread/norecoil hack, you can use this to check when reviewing the demo.

1. open console
  2. sv_cheats 1; sv_showimpacts 1

Note: Reviewing the demo and using drawothermodels command is not required when submitting a demo for a ban. This is only if the person submitting the report would like to see if its wallhacks/what the wallhacker would have seen. If they are unsure, they are always encouraged to go ahead and submit a demo and ban report on HG bans for more experienced admins to look at.

This allows you through move through the demo

• Open console
  • type demoui and hit enter
  • a demo modulating window will appear, click on Drive...
  • Now click and hold your mouse1 key
  • Use your movement keys to move through the demo and your mouse to look through it

This does not always work, and will only show you the things that were rendered at the time that the demo was being recorded.

Screenshots

To take a screenshot press F12 while in game. Once you have taken the screenshot it should be saved onto your harddrive. To find it the screenshot:

1. Go into your Steam folder
  2. Go to UserData
  3. Go to the folder with the last numbers of your SteamID3 (e.g. U:1:73191160). You can use this to find it
  4. Go to the folder 760
  5. Go to the folder Remote
  6. Go to your game's folder (730 - CS:GO, 240 - CS:S, 440 - TF2)
  7. Click the screenshots folder your screenshot should be there.

or

1. Open steam's screenshot uploader
  2. Click on the image you want to see
  3. Click on Show on Disk

Hxv2xOJ.png

Tips and Tricks

• To find the tic number type demoui in console while watching the demo, the tic number is found on that window
  • 3eaPE84.png CS:GO KA4EtUi.png CSS/TF2/GMOD
  • Gmod Another way of recording a demo is gm_demo. It will start recording like usual, the same command will stop recording the demo. The only difference is that it will save it in a folder in the same directory as other demos, but will be in a folder called demos. It will automatically name them <map name><date><time>.dem. So it will never overwrite your older demos.
  • CS:S and CS:GO only: If you want to lock your spec to a specific player, type sm_observe playername in console. You can type any part of the player's name in place of playername. To stop the spec lock type sm_endobserve.
  • If you're in Jailbreak and you are the lead and making a demo, make sure you type in console voice_loopback 1. This will make it so that the demo record your voice.

Hope this was a help to you :P

Original threads by @Joey7 and

• Like 16

Nice thread, very helpfull.

Maybe a tip: If you're in Jailbreak and you are the lead and making a demo inb4 you tarp all the T's make sure you typ in console voice_loopback 1

If you put that in you can hear your own voice in the demo, otherwise you won't.

Edited by UnPrePared_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Issue with this is it will overwrite the previous demo. because it will be under the same file name.. This is what I was told.

i actualy like that. this way i dont have to delete videos that are not desired. and i can just go to the folder when im done and rename it.

i actualy like that. this way i dont have to delete videos that are not desired. and i can just go to the folder when im done and rename it.

Well as long as you're happy. But, just think of it this way, what if there's two hackers or rule breakers in the server? (this happens) you gonna just record it then post the demo on the ban? then hope the other rule breakers is still in the server breaking the rules? sometimes you can't get both rule breakers on the same demo.

Well as long as you're happy. But, just think of it this way, what if there's two hackers or rule breakers in the server? (this happens) you gonna just record it then post the demo on the ban? then hope the other rule breakers is still in the server breaking the rules? sometimes you can't get both rule breakers on the same demo.

i imediatly change the name when i stop the video. i go afk for 30 seconds and change it for this reason.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...