Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Arsenal Patrons Program

Snowyamur

Please take the time to read this thoroughly. I understand this is a lot, but I read this twice, once typing, the other proofreading, and to get the most out of what I'm providing here, take the time to read it through.

Zombie Survival has always had a Point-Saving System, and such a system continues to remain a core aspect of HG 24/7 Zombie Survival, regardless of the constant ramblings and shackles about it encountered on the server from time to time. I like the system, and I’m sure many of you enjoy it as well. However, the system unfortunately drives some of us into saving our points, never spending them and accumulating such a large amount of points that they are practically never used at all. Pressing F10, every time I see a player have 100k-500k or more points in their bank account, I think to myself, “Will they ever spend it?†This is an issue among many HG Zombie Survival players that I feel is ruining the fun of spending money to get cool stuff, after all, we want to have fun right? …………….Right?

Anyway, some people will ask me, “Why do you care about whether we spend our points or not?†Honestly, I don’t. If you want to save them or spend them, that’s your choice alone, and I will not interfere with it. However, there are some who feel there is always a loss when buying something, therefore there is nothing enjoyable about what you purchased because that thought sticks in the back of the head. I sometimes feel that when I go a Carpenter or Medic in ZS, accumulating points is a chore. I’m a streamer for HellsGamers, and people don’t like watching me bang a nail against a prop non-stop, and I’m sure for some of you this is boring; you rather be shooting or something, but spending points on guns and ammunition is an issue.

Because of this, I have devised the Arsenal Patrons Program.

What is this program?

This is a system I came up with to provide people an actual incentive to spend their points. Yes, some will do it for the heck of it, but in the back of their minds, they still consider the losses. This system allows people to spend their points and gain a special currency in return that will allow them to purchase special perks only that you can’t get with Points nor Worth. Providing this system will remove the issue of having to decide whether I will truly profit or not, when you are actually profiting by spending your money.

How does it work?

(If this idea gets supported, I will add more to it) As players spend their points on whatever, they will accumulate a special currency called “Arsenal Coin.†For every 10 points a player spends on the Arsenal Crate (10 points for now, may increase or decrease), they will receive one Arsenal Coin. I know there are many players with over 300k points, so I added a limit. Players may only receive 100 Arsenal Coin per map change and map round restart (two games on one map), which is about 1000 points max a player can spend to receive the maximum amount of Arsenal Coin.

With Arsenal Coin, you can purchase buffs in the Worth Menu at the beginning of the game only unlockable with that currency (I’m hoping there would be another tab or something in the Worth Menu). Each special perk will be expensive, and I’m not going to make it cheap, however, if you so happen to purchase that perk, you unlock it permanently, which means you can use it however you want, whenever you want.

These perks will provide bonuses not seen before or will be enhanced versions of already-existing buff effects (Bandolier saves ammo, a special perk can be a Bandolier Perk effect 0.75x stronger). Of course, there are limits to the perks.

How do the Special Perks work?

Each player can purchase their own Special Perks from the Arsenal Patrons Program with Arsenal Coin whereby it will be unlocked permanently. As stated before, these will be expensive perks (one perk could be 5000 or 10000 Arsenal Coin) to nullify wealthy players from exploiting the system, in conjunction with the Arsenal Coin limit per round. The expensive price will also make purchasing every perk a standalone choice, meaning that once you buy a perk, you have to buy more to receive another one. Additionally, a player can only have a maximum of 2 special perks active per round to avoid any possible over-powered loadouts and unfair gameplay for the Zombie players.

These Special Perks will only apply to Human players by the way.

Types of Special Perks

Below are some examples of Special Perks Humans can purchase with Arsenal Coin:

• Fireproof Construction – Any prop nailed down by your nails will receive a 10% resistance to fire damage per nail. Nailing your nails into someone else’s prop will apply the effect and stack the effect normally. (Cost – 7500 AC)

• Arctic Shroud = Zombies that strike you with melee attacks will be frozen in place for 2 seconds and be incapable of movement. Can continue to occur indefinitely so long as the Zombie is swiping at you. Damage received will be the same as calculated for that particular zombie. Headcrabs will also suffer the effect if they jump-attack you. (Cost – 9000 AC)

• Bio-Shield Mist – Any other Human players being healed by your Med-nade mist will receive +5 armor per +3 healing (normal healing by the Med-nade). Armor bonus will only be added if the player is being healed by your mist. (Cost – 5200 AC).

FAQ

Q: So, why exactly is this program a great thing? There will always be a loss when spending points no matter what.

A: People don’t always find appreciation with the expensive item they purchased. In life, the rule is “You buy cheap, you get cheap. You buy flawless, you get flawless.†This principle exists in HG, but there are many players continuously refusing to buy anything because they are concerned about going dead-broke and not making any profit.

Even some of the richest HG players have this “Hoarding Syndrome†and the Arsenal Patrons Program attempts to cure them of this illness.

As you spend points, you get Arsenal Coin, and with the Coin, you buy special perks, all the while you get to use what you like to use without the thought of losses; you’re gaining profit through investment into something stronger.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q: Why don’t the Zombies get something like this?

A: In the future, if this gets supported, I will devise a system for the Zombies as well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q: Are you trying to stop the AFKing and dumb Kleiners from being useless? Be honest.

A: Yes for the Kleiners because I’m tired of seeing people not buy anything to help defend the caders. No for AFKing because this will somehow increase AFKers on the server because someone can buy 1k points worth of stuff, then go AFK. That is the honest truth, and that is a problem I’m acknowledging here. Perhaps someone can find a way around this while having this system enabled.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q: Will this work for Objective Maps and Zombie Escape Maps?

A: Yes, the Arsenal Patrons System will apply to Objective Maps and Zombie Escape Maps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q: Any Tier Weapons or purchase limitations?

A: No, you can buy 1k points worth of medical power for any reason and still get the 100 Arsenal Coin maximum. However, think about what you’re doing before doing this.

Q: I like my points, and I want to keep my points. Why should I spend them?

A: If you don’t spend, you’ll never get the Special Perks because you won’t accumulate Arsenal Coin. Additionally, you will not receive the gear you actually want to use. So why shouldn’t you spend? You aren’t taking these Points to your grave.

Q: Can you trade Arsenal Coin and/or give them away amongst other players?

A: No, that ruins the point of this program. By allowing trade, I could ask someone for 1k, then immediately spend that 1k on something dumb that I won’t use for the game round to fulfill my Arsenal Coin quota. The program is supposed to be like a special patron system, that’s the whole point of it.

• Like 2

I am really impressed with the work you put into this, good work. Now onto what i think:

From what I read, it looks like this can be implemented allowing the usual pointwhores if they wish to continue pointwhoring. For those who want something different and more of a challenge, they can put their points toward this and gain a small advantage over the pointwhores. This way players dont just collect and stack points.

Like i said it shouldnt cause any dramatic change, gun tiers are still the same, points are still earned, just there is now a way to actually use those points. With some tweaks i can see this a great addition to zs.

• Like 3

I am really impressed with the work you put into this, good work. Now onto what i think:

From what I read, it looks like this can be implemented allowing the usual pointwhores if they wish to continue pointwhoring. For those who want something different and more of a challenge, they can put their points toward this and gain a small advantage over the pointwhores. This way players dont just collect and stack points.

Like i said it shouldnt cause any dramatic change, gun tiers are still the same, points are still earned, just there is now a way to actually use those points. With some tweaks i can see this a great addition to zs.

Thanks. To be honest, I got tired of people not buying a gun, and now they have a reason to with the APP. And like you said, if Pointwhores want to be Pointwhores, they miss out on Special Candy Goodies like those you can receive from the Arsenal Patrons Program. Spend your points and get the Arsenal Coin. It's a win-win.

Arctic shroud is broken imo

and i also think you should have to work to get arsenal coins, making you earn the rewards ontop of just buying them

I just remind you that marco is already creating a system of evolutions of weapons with cards that are found in bonus crates. >> https://hellsgamers.com/topic/129603-idea-for-leveling-up-weapons-n-stats/

If you want the players to use their points, just Marco's system is perfect (look at my post in his topic for a example).

Do not start on 50 changes at the same time, we only have 3 coders and they are already busy.

I just remind you that marco is already creating a system of evolutions of weapons with cards that are found in bonus crates. >> https://hellsgamers....eapons-n-stats/

If you want the players to use their points, just Marco's system is perfect (look at my post in his topic for a example).

Do not start on 50 changes at the same time, we only have 3 coders and they are already busy.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm confused a bit so your making this so people can profit more or so people spend points more? And if it's so they profit I don't see how this makes people profit. Another thing the arctic shroud perk seems a bit op and ruins the purpose of the ghoul.

I'm confused a bit so your making this so people can profit more or so people spend points more? And if it's so they profit I don't see how this makes people profit. Another thing the arctic shroud perk seems a bit op and ruins the purpose of the ghoul.

It's to give people an incentive to spend points rather than hold on to them. As of now, people worry about not profiting along with a lot of regular players growing their points pool without ever spending them. This rewards players for spending points in the arsenal crate by making those points spent head towards a reward (Perks to unlock that would be objectively better than the perks currently available)