Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

My Game!

Sort of. It's mainly a test. Don't pay attention to most of the text, they're just jargon and for my eyes.

Download

If you have any comments LMK! :D

(also if your antivirus thinks that it's a virus then idk)

(Press ESC to go into the Pause menu. Press Enter to skip the dialogue.)

LATEST UPDATE: https://hellsgamers.com/topic/135684-my-game/#entry790876 4/4/2018

Edited by Vel'Roz
  • Like 1

Seems nice. I didn't know how to play it but I did click my spacebar, my Z key, and clicking randomly everywhere and more of those green dragons spawned in and got very loud :(

+1

lol i forgot that I still had that in

I was testing spawning in the portrait using space bar because the dialogue box actually spawns it in.

(It's a feature, not a bug ;))

SMALL UPDATE:

• Made the dialogue box allow more than 1 message. Will be super helpful in the long run! (Thanks to arrays!)
  • Made it so that the alarms stay at 1 second when the dialogue message ends. I also added the event to tell whether you pressed enter or not inside the step event. Hopefully skipping dialogue and going to the next won't be as finicky since they now stay [spoiler=censored for christian server]the fuck
still.
Added some new dev speak. Don't get lost.
No longer shows a blank portrait when starting out. IDK if I like it like that so it might be changed back.
The dialogue now says something a lot more meaningful than the descriptions from tutorials I definitely didn't look up on Youtube.

TODO:

• Add an array list so different characters can speak.
  • Make sprites and animations for other character portraits, then implement the sounds.
  • Add an object that prints out what the last dialogue box said (hopefully). Will be used in decision making (AKA TellTale games).
  • Have the character's portrait change emotion depending on the message.
  • Make it so that if there's parentheses anywhere in the dialogue box, print the message instantaneously until it sees the closed parenthesis.
  • ...And other stuff that I can't really think of.

Edited by Vel'Roz

• 3 months later...