Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Why This

Wolf

More competitive game play. Pretty sure that's the reasoning.

theres nothing competitive about 2 lems dicking on 8 silvers

I've also never seen anybody other than myself and spawn complain about people's ping, and I'm pretty sure we still both believe there shouldn't be a ping cap.

Edited by Rise Above
  • Like 3

I'm just gonna put my 2 cents in here:

It is smart for you guys to remove the ping cap, and simply add a rule that stats excessive lagging and pink spiking will result in removal from the specific pug and dealt with on a case by case basis

There are plenty of high pingers I know that play 10mans and enjoy them. It's unfair to limit an entire country from 10manning because high ping does NOT always result in you not being able to hit them

I believe that rule should be lifted for the sake of 10manning and the csgo division. Ultimately, it's your guys call.

• Like 3

I’ve played 10 mans for 3 years now and occasionally I’d get the 1 or 2 people undervaluing my gamesense and aim because of “pingâ€.

Ping doesn’t give you an advantage from someone who has been playing with it for years now. It’s noticable but I don’t think it’s as big of as a issue as some people might think it is. 10man seems to be having a decline in population (from what I see). The quality of players and choosing of team captains play a bigger factor in determining the outcome of a game.

If you look at my stats during balanced games against decent players like spawn, rise, arche etc. I generally do worse than them but to players who are perhaps not as good, it seems like I’m untouchable or whatever the issue is.

I love 10 mans but I care more about the players. If there is a need for me to step away from it, I’ll do it gladly. Just don’t take it out on my boy Pickles and other “laggersâ€. I’m too tied up with school and improving in overwatch anyways, I rarely play csgo.

• Like 2

I love 10 mans but I care more about the players. If there is a need for me to step away from it, I’ll do it gladly. Just don’t take it out on my boy Pickles and other “laggersâ€. I’m too tied up with school and improving in overwatch anyways, I rarely play csgo.

see this is a problem we literally have ppl who have been playing 10mans for years and now they cant play because of this honestly the reason harle does good is because he is good i literally never see a difference between hitting harle and hitting archer i think this is dumb and was prob only implemented bc someone with higher ping shit on them and they got mad and were looking for an excuse, either way 10mans r for fun with friends not a tournament or someshit everyone should be allowed we should let anyone play

• Like 3

see this is a problem we literally have ppl who have been playing 10mans for years and now they cant play because of this honestly the reason harle does good is because he is good i literally never see a difference between hitting harle and hitting archer i think this is dumb and was prob only implemented bc someone with higher ping shit on them and they got mad and were looking for an excuse, either way 10mans r for fun with friends not a tournament or someshit everyone should be allowed we should let anyone play

As my boy carlos said 10mans are more about fun than competition. While there is definitely a competitive factor, it isn't so serious to where people with higher pings cannot play.

On a side note, it seems that from the comments here everyone overwhelmingly thinks there shouldn't be a ping cap. In fact, I have not heard one person who actively 10mans say that they are happy that there is now a ping cap, and the whole reasoning this cap was put in was to please the players, right? Well if your legislation that is created to please players is disagreed with by the players, is it a positive piece of legislation?

Edited by Rise Above

It is smart for you guys to remove the ping cap, and simply add a rule that stats excessive lagging and ping spiking will result in removal from the specific pug and dealt with on a case by case basis.

It's unfair to limit an entire country from 10manning because high ping does NOT always result in you not being able to hit them

My thoughts exactly, well said Sui.

It is smart for you guys to remove the ping cap, and simply add a rule that stats excessive lagging and pink spiking will result in removal from the specific pug and dealt with on a case by case basis

There are plenty of high pingers I know that play 10mans and enjoy them. It's unfair to limit an entire country from 10manning because high ping does NOT always result in you not being able to hit them

I believe that rule should be lifted for the sake of 10manning and the csgo division. Ultimately, it's your guys call.

The thing is, this is already a rule instated by Jayyyyy a long time ago.

" If your FPS/PING interferes with your game play for 3 or more rounds in a row. The rest of the team can take a vote. If ALL 4 other members agree that you need a sub then you must pause the match and find a sub. If you are caught abusing this system and kicking players who are not having issues you will be banned.

To additionally clarify, the lagging individual that is being kicked cannot be banned for not finding a sub if the above process is followed correctly, and the type of lag we are referring to would make it so the lag makes it unable to play in a ddos-esque state, not if someone simply lives very far from the server. "

• Like 1

The thing is, this is already a rule instated by Jayyyyy a long time ago.

" If your FPS/PING interferes with your game play for 3 or more rounds in a row. The rest of the team can take a vote. If ALL 4 other members agree that you need a sub then you must pause the match and find a sub. If you are caught abusing this system and kicking players who are not having issues you will be banned.

To additionally clarify, the lagging individual that is being kicked cannot be banned for not finding a sub if the above process is followed correctly, and the type of lag we are referring to would make it so the lag makes it unable to play in a ddos-esque state, not if someone simply lives very far from the server. "

Good idea

Edited by pickles