Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs_Palace Glitch

[HG] Techmo went jug during wave 5 and in intermission he decided to kill himself, only to land on a roof that somehow the trigger_hurt didn't kill him.

He suggest that he found a "hole" where there is no Trigger_Hurt, and we struggled for the entire Wave 6.

There were no admins present but only 2 Gold Members. They have the power to teleport but they didn't use it until one of em decided to teleport Techmo out at 0:30, we had an entire 5 minute wave and they idle since.

post-44762-0-72097700-1525623499_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I decompiled the map, and it appears the trigger does extend fully. My current theory is that the trigger is relatively thin (a single side of a brush), and a player may be able to pass through it before the server completes a tick. Another theory is that when two triggers are crossed simultaneously, they don't work for some reason (less likely imo).

I'd be happy to fix it, if nobody else minds me doing so.

Anyway, I was convinced there had to be a hole, as this has happened before. My apologies for causing trouble.

Edited by Techmo

I decompiled the map, and it appears the trigger does extend fully. My current theory is that the trigger is relatively thin (a single side of a brush), and a player may be able to pass through it before the server completes a tick. Another theory is that when two triggers are crossed simultaneously, they don't work for some reason (less likely imo).

I'd be happy to fix it, if nobody else minds me doing so.

Anyway, I was convinced there had to be a hole, as this has happened before. My apologies for causing trouble.

there was a glitch in the code that fucked all the trigger hurts in some maps to date. updating the maps seems to fix this, there's a palace v2 already i just need to upload it.