Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Problem With Barricade Points

Lapislazuli

Hello

In this last time the game crashed much more that usual and when this happens all barricade points are lost, same happen with zombie traits.

this is a disadvantage for the zombies since in high rounds it affects a lot and normally you can lose the game by a crash, since crashes can't be fixed, it would be very good if you did not lose the barricade points and zombie traits.

• Like 1

Barricade points really need to be stored by the server like regular points, as do what traits you have (I don't believe that if you have, say Ruin, that you retain it when rejoining).

When they implement that then you can just enjoy yourself getting fucked by boss zombies dealing op damage just in wave 2. Bad idea to store like regular points

When they implement that then you can just enjoy yourself getting fucked by boss zombies dealing op damage just in wave 2. Bad idea to store like regular points

That's NOT what I meant. I mean on a per-map basis. It resets to 0 every map but when you crash and come back it will still be there.

That's NOT what I meant. I mean on a per-map basis. It resets to 0 every map but when you crash and come back it will still be there.

We have to also consider the case when a new round starts on the same map. If someone crashes when the round is about to end and connects back on the server 8 minutes later, their barricade points need to be reset to 0 as well.

I will agree with this idea of maintaining barricade points in-case of a crash, and this can be achieved because some have crashed as a human with all their stuff, connect back on, and they are still human with their original gear. But we have to consider the possible bug that can happen above before we implement this because otherwise zombie players that crash often can rack-up almost infinite barricade points.

We have to also consider the case when a new round starts on the same map. If someone crashes when the round is about to end and connects back on the server 8 minutes later, their barricade points need to be reset to 0 as well.

I will agree with this idea of maintaining barricade points in-case of a crash, and this can be achieved because some have crashed as a human with all their stuff, connect back on, and they are still human with their original gear. But we have to consider the possible bug that can happen above before we implement this because otherwise zombie players that crash often can rack-up almost infinite barricade points.

You're talking about a THEORETICAL bug. Barricade points are already reset if a new round starts on the same map.

There's no reason to not fix the crash issue.