Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hive365

Fred.

I'm curious as to if anyone tunes in to Hive365, if we're going to have all of our servers announce what the station is playing I think we should have people at least listening. This thread is essentially just to figure out if anyone uses it, if not then a suggestion from me for @Imperial Knight would be to ditch the plugin. So here's two questions to the TF2 division.

1. Do you tune in?

2. If you do, do you think it's reasonable for the plugin to print to chat every song it plays, giving the station free advertisement? Is it useful?

Hive365's website can tell you what's playing if there's something you really like, and you have to have that open anyway to listen to it. We'll see how many more people say yes but if you're the only one, the reason I think it should be removed is it prints to chat globally on a regular basis with information that is only useful to one person or I'd guess less than 3 people.

A toggle for it would be an alternative, where it's by default off but you can turn it on with !hive365 or something.

Edited by Fred.

like you said, there should probably be a toggle for it. I sometimes use it if I play on the jump server (rarely) but I have not used it in what feels like a year, because I legit forgot about it. I don't see much of a use for it, but it isn't like it crowds chat either so I can go both ways (tldr don't remove, but add toggle or just leave it alone.)