Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Venom Headcrab Tragedy

Smecklingdorf

I failed to see what kind role does Venom Headcrabs place, not only that, does it even have redeemable features that make it superior or situational to the Poison Headcrabs? No.

Here are my issues with the Venom Headcrabs during my 2 weeks focusing the damage output and gameplay-ability with the Poison Headcrab and it's only variant.

1. Health Difference

There's actually no health difference it is so absurd, around the same, this does not help with the Venom Headcrab's slower lunge time and it's actual survivability when trying to go into barricades in long hallways. either add more HP minimum of 50 is fine for me. But this is not important, the damage is.

2. Lunge Damage

The Description "It can kill an adult human" is so misleading as 98% of the time, it doesn't even kill a damn person, even when the human team have no medics and the only time when it can kill a person if his/her HP is 30% or below so that 1 hit & the damage overtime might finish his/her off.

Granted the starter Lunge damage does more (+10 damage) but i am considering the damage overtime, the conclusion is that it's heavily RNG, sometimes the damage overtime ends in 2 seconds and the maximum was a second less of the Poison Headcrab, and even in it's maximum damage overtime, the Lunge does the same exact damage overall as Poison Headcrab (Poison does 67 Base Overall and Venom does the same damage exactly)

Venom Heacrabs should NOT rely on 2 broken supply crates to make it lethal.

“The last of the eldest headcrabs, the Venom Headcrab has had time to alter the structure of its poison, making it a more potent and effective venom. This idea was thrown out of the window...

3. Poison Spitballs

Am i supposed to be impressed with the extra 5 damage? @Genuline's original idea and what i see is an actual variant is that the spitballs do damage overtime... removing that sole feature, the only thing set aparts the Poison Headcrab alone, makes it the most useless fucking piece of shit ever that you'd be better off playing normal Poison Headcrab or Wild Poison Zombie.

It inflicts 15 or so damage at first and slowly takes away 60 or so health in “afterburn” damage. You could nerf this but you threw this out the window too...

Conclusion: Venom Headcrab is a shittier bootleg version of the Poison Headcrab, Lunge does the same damage which does not help with the slow launch, Spitball Damage is irredeemable and removed the only thing that sets it apart. Health is the same despite the original idea said it's supposed to be "beefier". Play Poison Headcrab and Wild Poison instead.

Either rework this or Remove this garbage tier variant.

Edited by Smecklingdorf