Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Custom GUI

rebL

Hi there,

I've been making a custom GUI for CS:S and here are the changes i've done so far:

• Added the hellsgamers css server list on the main menu and ingame.
  • Added "SHOW STEAM IDS" option in the main menu and have them show up in your console.
  • Added hellsgamers logo as the custom background for the game and changed the loading screen when you connect to a server.
  • Changed the topbar of the spectator view, making it clearer.
  • Made the bomb more noticeable by adding a dark background  in the hud around it.
  • Made the defuse kit more noticeable by adding a dark background  in the hud around it.
  • Placed stick figures that glow when players are alive, on the scoreboard. If a player dies then the stick figure stops glowing.
    • Note: Only supports glowing 5 players at max. If there are more than 5 players in a team alive, only when there are 5 players alive in that team will the glow appear.

To use this custom GUI:

-Extract the file given below and copy the folder hellsgamers_GUI to your Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\custom folder.

If you happen to already have a folder created with custom files inside the custom folder, then simply copy the contents of the hellsgamers_GUI folder into that folder.

(The stick figure glow was inspired on this CS:S gui: https://gamebanana.com/mods/23052)

Thanks,

ss1.thumb.png.e61065ade58a2a08ab40f7fda3f7c5d7.png

ss2.thumb.png.7882acedd2908b515a96f2221f7f2457.png

bomb.png.d0d23b02d8dd2d3bf67df5b445def78f.png

kit.png.7b9dd75e4914e37506525e933270eb93.png

ss1.thumb.png.a69fca550dfae567b144e882a92c62c5.png

print.thumb.png.d50575ac0a67995f786e1662925e48c0.png

loading.png.a3da495621e994e55396d82a468faeec.png

Download the GUI here.

hellsgamers_GUI.zip

Edited by rebL
updated the zip
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

After the recent change of the servers IP,  the main menu links to the server were not working, I fixed it now.

You will have to replace the files of the GUI, the installation details are the same as in the first post of this thread.

Thanks.

Edited by rebL
removed attachment as it is in main thread
  • Like 1

If everyone has any suggestions that they would like to see be implemented in the custom gui do let me know.

Thank you.

Edited by rebL
made another reply with the content of the reply.

Hello everyone,

I made the following change to the GUI:

• Made the defuse kit more noticeable by adding a dark background  in the hud around it.

If you want this new change, do download the new file in the first reply.

Thank you.

Update:

-Placed stick figures that glow when players are alive, on the scoreboard. If a player dies then the stick figure stops glowing.
Note: Only supports glowing 5 players at max. If there are more than 5 players in a team alive, only when there are 5 players alive in that team will the glow appear.

ss1.thumb.png.a69fca550dfae567b144e882a92c62c5.png

Edited by rebL
added screenshot
  • Like 2