Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Destiny 2 + Steam + Shadow Keep = Pre-Loading!

Knoxtane

Hello HeLLsGamers! If you missed the announcement back in early June, Destiny 2 will no longer be on the Battlenet Client and/or operated by Activision. Bungie have full reign on the IP now, with both Development and Publishing rights to the game, they will be migrating the game to STEAM. Yes! STEAM! They are also introducing Cross Platform SAVES, not Crossplay. Still, pretty big news.

I personally thing this is a huge step forward for the Franchise and Bungie. Destiny has always scratched an itch many gamers have had for years, a great combination of FPS action, with the lite-RPG elements from MMORPGs making a MMOFPS that is of AAA quality and doesn't get old. I played Destiny 2 when it first launched on Xbox, I played it for a while but had no friends who played so I lost interest. Now, I did pick up the game back in November of 2017 or 2018, when they have it away for free (Base game, no DLC). I now have a great multi-gaming community I'm apart of and I'm sure D2 will peak some interest within HG. Now, we wait until October 1st to play on Steam.

NEW EXPANSION "SHADOW KEEP"

d3ca59fb096daf35fc7ddaa9ea21460d5b7907f0.jpg

We're excited to be bringing Destiny 2 to Steam this Fall, starting on October 1.* You can check out all the announcements we've made about what's coming to Destiny this year on Bungie.net. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, the next chapter in this epic adventure, is available for preorder now.

If you are already a player of Destiny 2 on another PC platform, all of your game content, Silver, characters, gear, and progress will be migrated over to Steam. We will have more information on this process and when you can make the move soon. Keep an eye on Bungie.net/PCMove for the latest announcements.

*Editor’s Note: The launch date for our fall releases was revised on August 1.

PRE-LOAD DESTINY 2!

35169e34089a0325646e4b0814f834be1490b7e1.jpg

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Destiny 2(New Light) is now available for pre-load on Steam.

Stay tuned to @Bungiehelp for additional info.

There will be a final checklist of what to expect at launch in our weekly blog update on Bungie.net

Edited by Knoxtane

8 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

Just hearing that Destiny 2 is getting out of EA's greedy hands makes me happy. I never played the game, but here's to it doing well on Steam. Hopefully it does well on Steam.

EA? I think you meant Activision..same thing though.. AMIRITE?

Also, I forgot to mention Destiny 2 will be Free-To-Play. HOWEVER, all Content added from October 1st on will need to be purchased..i.e Shadowkeep and any other DLC/Expansions

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Just came across your post. I believe this move to Steam and Bungie's control is a huge step forward for the franchise. The idea of cross-platform saves is pretty exciting, as it allows players to seamlessly continue their progress regardless of the platform they're playing on. It's a step towards a more connected gaming experience.

• Like 1