Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Modded Minecraft Server Suggestions

SupaNipplez

A few weeks ago Fortis made a thread asking you guys what kind of server you guys would like to see, as it looked Factions wasn't very popular. The general consensus seemed to be that people wanted some form of a modded survival server. 

We wanted to know what mods you guys would like on the server, so that we have something that people find fun and will play on a regular basis. Factions felt like too much of the same, an experience someone could get anywhere else. We want to try something different. 

Thanks for the feedback = )

• 4 weeks later...

I would probably go with a modpack that's easy to install, for example ones on the twitch launcher, but that isn't TOO big for people who might have lower end computers. Something along the lines of "All the Mods 3 Lite" or "All the Mods 4" the latter is a newer and smaller modpack because it's running on minecraft 1.14. Those are just two of my suggestions mainly because at least with Atm3L it has a mix of magical and more tech based mods, so that everyone has something to try. There are many other good options, but those are just two that came to mind. I really hop it works out because I love Modded MC.

5 hours ago, SigBussey said:

I would probably go with a modpack that's easy to install, for example ones on the twitch launcher, but that isn't TOO big for people who might have lower end computers. Something along the lines of "All the Mods 3 Lite" or "All the Mods 4" the latter is a newer and smaller modpack because it's running on minecraft 1.14. Those are just two of my suggestions mainly because at least with Atm3L it has a mix of magical and more tech based mods, so that everyone has something to try. There are many other good options, but those are just two that came to mind. I really hop it works out because I love Modded MC.

Although I agree, I have a semi low end PC, and modpacks like all the mods do easily crash even medium pc's, so maybe a simpler mudpack, one with a balance of tech, magic and logistics would be good. A great modpack for this is FTB Infinity Evolved, its something low end PC's can easily handle, and has a great balance of mods. The issue with modern modpacks is that they either have a lot of mods and are "sandbox", or have very few and are progession/ quest based. 1.7.10 packs have a great balance, and even though its an older version, it has the greatest balance of mods and modpacks of any MC version. I have a devotion to modded Minecraft, eversince tekkit (now tekkit classic) came out, ive been modding and playing MC, and this would be a great server for those of us, and even for those who just got into the game, to have a little fun. I would hate for it to devolve into a PVP competition, as when it comes to modded, it can be very one sided once someone gets op gear like Draconic Armour, so something like a semi- teamwork based server would be perfect for modded.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say anything that is a modded server shouldnt have more than 100 mods so you dont have to clear entities every few minutes, and less items to ban if they cause lag. I go on SF3 servers and SF3 has roughly 150 mods and needs cache clearing and entity killing every while. Ideally being about 40-50 mods in a server pack, at most for a mass population on one server.