Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Updated ZS map list?

Lychee

So the old pinned board hasn't been touched in about 9 months and the google drive that had all the maps currently (or previously) on rotation has 404'd and hasnt been updated since 2018. Is there a new map listing somewhere for people to download maps manually if Gmod wont install it?

On 4/10/2020 at 11:41 PM, McLovin said:

there is no new map list yet. It is being worked on.

Please work on it more, this is a very big issue there are many players who cannot download zombie surv maps for hours at a time due to some issue. not sure what it is, nobody has investigated much

@pho- I think it might be better to include those 2 resource links you mentioned in a new channel called #resources and not have them in #noticeboard. Or make a new category called Resources and make a new channel called #map-files so people know where to look.

If I was someone new to the Discord, I would look to the #noticeboard for any general news and updates. If I wanted to find resources specific for the ZS server, I would look for something with "resources" in the name. That's just me, though; others will of course have a different perspective. But I've been around on the ZS Discord a long time, and I didn't know the map links were in the #noticeboard channel.

This kind of navigation aid might help those who are new to our ZS Discord server. We should never assume people know exactly where to look for things we expect them to know about.

15 hours ago, pho- said:

The Noticeboard is like a news bulletin, it has everything you need there unless you need individual assistance, which is what the helpdesk is for. I feel like anymore new channels would cluster info section.

If you don't have plans on making a separate channel/category for the maps list, at least make the maps list more readable and noticeable when people look at the noticeboard. Having everything in normal font style won't really help people find it easier, and people will easily miss it when scanning through #noticeboard.