Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

reviewed (GMod) Abuse report (SnowyAmur)

Silent.

A couple of things that should probably be heard before anything:

I was being a little bit cancerous, but I was not pushing any limits or being super obnoxious.

With that being said, I was muted by a fellow moderator (SnowyAmur) and here is the evidence including what I said.

evidence.thumb.jpg.8db26a5391ea64ba215fd705b161bc6b.jpg

I am aware of what I was saying and I am not saying that it was okay, but I feel that it was not worth another mod muting me and telling me to chill out when I wasn't even actually angry in the first place.

The worst part about this is the fact that we are both moderators and he/she used their powers against me and took away my ability to talk in chat for the remainder of the game.

I unfortunately don't have empirical evidence from in-game (screenshots) to show because the console flooded with errors before I could get evidence of anything, but I do have evidence from Discord. Please bear with me.

Firstly, I want to say that I felt what I did was the right thing to do, even if it opposed the rules of Moderators using their powers against each other, because Silent was creating a very poor impression of himself and the community by typing offensive language into the public chat. I had no intention of harboring aggression towards him when I muted him, but the Internet is no excuse to act stupid. It is definitely not excusable to be acting in such a way like that when someone represents the community with the position they hold.

I will make it very clear: Silent was not attacking people with what he was saying, but how people responded to what he was saying is proof that he had a negative influence on others with what he was saying, and made not only himself look bad, but us as well. As can be seen in Screenshot A below:

Screenshot A

Screenshot A - Notice how people are responding to what he's saying and treating it as real. He said in the game chat, through Discord, that it was a joke, but there are those who clearly took him literally, including myself.

From how it was typed, it seems that Goku ssj God and -hg- Folium believed Silent was raging when someone bought the 0k weapon from the Arsenal Crate before he could get it, and Sonny LoSpecchio proceeded to copy close-to-exact what Silent said, where I told Silent to chill and calm down.  He repeated what he said right before the mute, using different words to convey the same meaning, as can be seen in Screenshot B, which prompted me to mute him because I already warned him that he needed to chill out:

8ac44a8bad2b82a99e0d6de0cd99bc2f.png.67d7621c0eccfba91b30ea46ea564b13.png

Screenshot B - Silent chooses to repeat the same meaning through a different ordering of words.

After his mute, he decided to hop on to the ZS Discord to inappropriately nickname me a "brainlet" and say that what happened was part of a joke, as can be seen in Screenshot C below:

Screenshot B

Screenshot C - Calling me a "brainlet" is not appropriate to when you acted inappropriately on the server, and action was taken against you to stop what was happening immediately.

His reasons for circumnavigating the mute are understandable, but for him to come on to Discord to call me a "brainlet" should not be something you do when you made a fool of yourself. Furthermore, he claims that what he said was a joke, but that's what he believed. It was clear from Screenshot A that 2 people didn't take it as a joke, and what he said was repeated by someone else, demonstrating the negative influence he spread.

Some people will probably ask me, "But you've been on the server long enough. Don't you know what's a joke and what isn't?" To be honest, the context of a joke varies from person-to-person. It's impossible to tell if someone is joking online because they're typing it into a chat box. I can't tell if what someone is saying is a joke because I can't hear the tone of their voice as they are saying it, and trying to twist words into sarcasm is harder than people think when you're seriously trying to be sarcastic. I took at face value what I read -- what Silent typed has no context of a joke whatsoever, even if he thought it was a joke. It was very inappropriate, it was uncalled for, and it was taken somewhat seriously by two people.

Following what happened, some players tried to provoke both of us into attacking each other. Silent responded, but I refused to say anything to prevent further harm to myself and Silent, and to let the uproar die down.

To end it off, I will say that Moderators still represent the community, and their actions can have a greater impact than realized. Silent, you are a Moderator. Do you really think shouting what is shown in the screenshot you provided is something appropriate with the status you currently hold in our community? Do you think yelling those words wouldn't matter nor go unnoticed by anyone on the server?

You became a Moderator for a reason. McLovin/Talbot accepted you back into our Gmod Division months ago for reasons I don't know, but I remember that you left our community, then returned and became a Moderator again for reasons that aren't my business, and I myself welcomed you back as a Recruit weeks ago despite you saying I "ride on cocks" months ago on Discord to bully me, when I am not a homosexual man. Them accepting you is proof that you can do your best to help keep our server clean, catch and punish troublemakers, and, most importantly, represent our community. It is a symbol of trust, and I trust both McLovin's and Talbot's input on things because they've proven they can handle what happens on our ZS server.

But with how you acted today, I don't know how Moderators are being accepted if this is how they're going to act. Saying common vulgar is fine, but saying words like "pedo" and "fa****" are very offensive words that, if used online (not on our server) could make you a lot of enemies against people who fall under that kind of bullying.

I have no anger towards you for making this report, as this will give me an opportunity to reflect on my own actions, but I was not abusing my powers with what I did.

Edited by Snowyamur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowyamur said:

But with how you acted today, I don't know how Moderators are being accepted if this is how they're going to act. Saying common vulgar is fine, but saying words like "pedo" and "fa****" are very offensive words that, if used online (not on our server) could make you a lot of enemies against people who fall under that kind of bullying.

I understand this, and the other points you are trying to make, but many other people use these words in the server and not only that, but it is allowed to be said. I was not harming anyone or myself and you muted me because you did not like it. Another think I would like to point out is that I genuinely was not upset and it was not something I was taking seriously.

Also, Someone else said the exact same things that I said in my screenshot and you did not mute them. 

I was not breaking any rules, so this makes me begin to wonder that you did this because you do not like me personally. 

• Silly locked this topic

Lets set the record straight, Silent players who see those words might feel as if you were targeting them, and as a mod you need to be mindful of things you say. Snowy, Silent was not breaking anyrules and the only thing he was guilty of was having a potty mouth. But i see where you are coming from about players might be offended by his words, BUT this kind of language is commonly used on the server. Both of you should not be acting this way towards eachother especially as representatives of HG. Behave and be mindful. Reviewed. 

• Like 2