Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Supa 2: Electric Boogaloo

Howdy y'all 

I think this is probably the 100th time I have come back to HG since leaving with a group of friends a few years ago to start our own community. Perhaps deep down I have always had some care for this community that I had poured countless hours into improving, even when I felt like I just had enough and left to start anew. Between then and now it had been on and off, the fact that CS was the only game I really played that HG had to offer combined with the limbo state the division was in for a while before relaunching Jailbreak, just never gave me a reason to stick around. 

Back in 2019 HG launched a Minecraft server, that drew some interest from me and I ended up becoming a staff member and developer for the server. However honestly the work required to be done on the server became too much for only two devs to handle in reasonable time (me and Fortis) and the server ended up dying fairly quickly. I never left HG but I most certainly took a hiatus. Once I saw Jailbreak was relaunched, I would occasionally hop on the server and play for an hour or so,  with different aliases as to maintain some anonymity. I just didn't feel like getting spammed with hi supas, though a few people recognized me. FFW to the relaunch of minigames, and here I am back again.

I needed to take a step back and look at why I kept coming back to HG, what kept drawing me in. Was it nostalgia? Old friends? Truth is, it was the community. HG has been through some tough times, but the community always seems to end up pulling itself out of the grave. And though I may not have agreed with EVERY decision made in HGs history,  those who join leadership have always brought and implemented great ideas to further the growth of their divisions. Perhaps there in something satisfying in seeing something to continue to grow that you had a part in. I think I could be around for a lot longer this time, we will see. 

♫ Guess whos back, back again ♫ 

♫ Supa's back, tell a friend ♫

♫ Guess whos back, Guess whos back, Guess whos back, ♫

♫ Guess whos back, Guess whos back, Guess whos back, ♫

♫ Guess whos back ♫

• Like 11