Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[FUND] Ryzen 5950X CPU + Anycast

Homer

Hey Everyone,

This fund is two parts: 

1. We would like to upgrade our Ryzen box to the latest AMD Ryzen 9 5950X. Rust, ZS, and soon JB, plus all our other main game servers will benefit with this performance upgrade!
  2. As well we would like to begin setting up our own anycast network (instead of sharing the network with GFL), this will allow us full access to maintain its reliability and implement improvements.

You can read about our current Ryzen server that was built here: 

I am opening an HG 2021 Growth Fund for upgrading the CPU for our current Ryzen server to the latest and greatest, which includes costs for our datacenter remote hands labor to install the new CPU. This fund is also for various one-time costs for us to setup our own anycast network (using our existing owned IPs), this includes costs for registering a new ASN, and 10+ PoPs as a start for our network.

AMD 5950X = $850+
Server unracking, cpu replacement, server reracking = $160
ASN sponsorship = $200
10 PoP servers = ~$100+

Please donate here: HG 2021 Growth Fund

Thank you to everyone that is able to help with this fund, any amount is very appreciated. All Donors will receive a "HG 2021 Growth Fund" profile award badge :) 

• Like 6

• Homer changed the title to [FUND] Ryzen 5950X CPU + Anycast

I don't play ZS as much as I used to anymore, but I will say this: keep in-mind that Garry's Mod uses single-core rendering. It doesn't run on multiple cores, and when we got the new server box, I don't think it helped ZS as much as intended.

Then again, ZS lagged all the time due to the code, not the CPU.

I'm no techie, but even with multiple cores, the new processor might not help Garry's Mod run more effectively because of how it is right now. If it does, I would like to be proven wrong.

10 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

I don't play ZS as much as I used to anymore, but I will say this: keep in-mind that Garry's Mod uses single-core rendering. It doesn't run on multiple cores, and when we got the new server box, I don't think it helped ZS as much as intended.

I'm no techie, but even with multiple cores, the new processor might not help Garry's Mod run more effectively because of how it is right now. If it does, I would like to be proven wrong. 

no one will prove you wrong, but the cores are useful for all of the other servers that HG runs :)

12 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

The single-core performance will increase going from our 3950X to the 5950X. ZS will see a benefit along with all the code improvements that Kigen has been doing. Rust will benefit the most as it uses up to 8+ cores :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glucosaurus said:

I could probably donate $50 or so towards the Ryzen upgrade.  Is there another link I can

go to(?)

PS: Just checked and the OG link is still dead, 7/25 @ 22:35

It'll probably be back up soon. Looks like our donations are temporarily disabled after the forum upgrade.

• Thanks 1

• Homer pinned this topic
On 7/18/2021 at 12:33 AM, Snowyamur said:

yes :agree: garrys mode not good multiple core i am only using single core when i game out on garrys mod

Thurgo - OSRS Wiki

• 2 months later...
  • Homer unpinned this topic