Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

I came across Hellsgamers through one of the servers Hellsgamers has on Team Fortress 2. I do not remember the exact date when I found the HG server, but I remember browsing through the server list and then found Hellsgamers, so I joined the server and it seemed pretty fun.

However I do not play TF2 so much anymore so I haven't visited the server in a while. I moved on to Garry's Mod where I did also find another server Hellsgamers had, which was a Zombie Survival server. I'm roughly playing there almost everyday now and it's one of the most fun servers to play on in Garry's Mod, in my opinion.

Well, a while back, when I first had gotten into trading at the time I was also widely into Minecraft. Trading and Minecraft resulted in me looking for servers that were meant for trading, but had a Minecraft background to them. Me, being the dummy I used to be on TF2, had no luck in finding them from the keywords I put in the search box. this led to me thinking no MC servers were up, much less meant for trading. Well, a few days later I put in the search box 'Trade' and went through all the servers, trying to sell something. I went to the bottom of the search and found 'Trade Minecraft'. This made me happy, and thus I favorited it and began playing on there every time I had to sell or buy something. I quit TF2 after a few months of going on there, but I returned not even half a year ago and started going on there again after refinding it and reinstalling my game. The server, I found recently, was part of this clan called HG. I finally got around to looking into you guys and loved the community on that server alone already, so I asked the admins how to sign up and I did. I've been trying out new servers like Jailbreak and such, but the server I love most is the Minecraft one since the people there and the server itself is dear to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was on y'all's minecraft trade server when I decided to join. My friend, who is part of Prestige Gaming, had been trying to convince me to join pG for a while now, but I was like naw son. After being on the trade server for a bit I decided to give it a go. Took me a while to sign up and figure out my steam id but I did it. I applied and well, That was around 6 months ago, and i'm still a recruit, way to go me for being active all the time whoop whoop.

I just wanted to say, I read through all of them and it made me smile. hellsgamers taught me promote a fun and enjoyable gamming experience.

I ran across jailbreak server, and yes.. I shot the damn stack. I learned there was more to the game. MOTD ha ha thank you to alot of you that have spent time to make me a better gamer. I really feel like I have come a far way from gaming around. to have a home to game at.

lots of smile and waves

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A random guy bought me Garry's Mod a few days after Christmas of 2012, and the following January, I discovered the Zombie Survival gamemode. I had no favorite server so I played on whatever server had people. Found out the HG server saved points and I also heard Sharp Shooter say something about adding custom weapons to the server, so I set the server to favorites. Created an account on the site in April, joined -hg- in late september.

Fuck it, I'll tell my story.

I used to be a rather big fan of tf2, quite involved with trading and unboxing crates. More into the gameplay aspect since it was a game and games are meant to be played. I played on a lot of lotus servers and remember being in the top 100 on their 24/7 Texes dustbowl server. Anyways tf2 got boring after putting in 400 hours into it so I decided to boot up gmod again (I've owned gmod roughly since I opened my steam account, didn't like gmod 12 so I played 10 minutes and never opened it again.

What caused me to try out gmod again was the simple want to play a game that wasn't boring. This was before the workshop in l4d2 (already had 400 hours and it was boring). I downloaded gmod and started it up. If you know me you'll know I'm a huge zombie fanboy and if the game has zombies I'll play it because nothing's more fun that shooting slow walking corpses?

This is what got me into zs and eventually HG. I saw the 'zombie survival' gamemode listed under servers. I poped in and I don't remember the first zs server I joined. I do remember crashing about 15 minutes after though. I do know that the second or third server I played on was the zs one. I loved the fact that I could save points in the server and that was a major pulling point for me since sometimes I want a game that doesn't require me to work. Day 2 of gmod. couldn't remember which server saved points so I started joining every zs server that had a population. I distinctly remember joining noxious net and leaving almost instantly because of all the racism. Long story short I did find the hg zs server again and I added it to favorites almost instantly. Roughly a week to two weeks passed. I remember playing with rizon a few games and thought that HG was pretty cool and wondered why not many other HG members played on the server. I wanted to change that and build a HG population on the zs server (long story short, it worked). Blank joined a few weeks after me and webflashing followed soon after.

I disliked the constant rule breaking going on in the server so I bought admin. I abused within a week of having it. I don't regret abusing it. It ended up being that whenever wolf became a nightmare I would teleport him inside the barricade (nacht der untoten) and he would slaughter the human team. I mean no one liked that map so no one really complained (fun fact: people still hate it). Well someone did complain and they complained to rizon. He was a dL at the time so I got a nice talk from him about that. All in all it was a good memory. Got member about 5-6 months later after I switched to tf2 because I didn't like the way the zs community had formed in HG. Got member in tf2 thanks to their awesome leadership over there. Applied for dA in tf2 GOT REJECTED because I had been a member for about 3 days.

DirtyDNA pulled me out of tf2 and shoved me in gmod as a dA. I still think I could've eventually gotten it in tf2. Maybe. I have no idea.

Gmod... the Final Frontier. These are the continuing stories of the player Sharp Shooter. His ongoing mission: to improve zs, to populate stronghold, to administrate gmod, to do what no other dA has done before him.

tl:dr? Too fucking bad, you're reading my book.

• Like 1