Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some guy added me after winning a random match of csgo competative mode. A week later I went to randomly join one of his games and it happened to be the hellsgamers jailbreak server. Its been a few months and has been fun ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Started searching for servers with highest player count, randomly found HG Jailbreak, from a stray thought of playing Jailbreak on CSS, I had decided to gave it a shot, and now I can't stop.

Edited by Trixus

Started playing office ntf because of my roommate during it's prime (Cerpin Taxt, HyperC, etc). Chatted up leadership and miltoned my way into council. Worked for Quantum Servers in college - became less active after we closed shop and post-QS work picked up x1000.

It started when I downloaded TF2. I enjoyed the Degrout Keep map, and the first server I went on was HG's. I played on the server once or twice, then one my my friends invited me to the BSG steam group.

Upon accepting, I realized had been banned, so I followed the link for more details. I posted an unban request, and in doing so created my account. I left the steam group and that was that.

Around a month after that, I traded 4 keys for Gmod. Scrolling down the list, I recognized the hellsgamers.com server name, and joined perp. I became addicted, and messed around on it. Being new to the *Gaming community*, I wasn't very good at the whole social aspect, and was ignored by the perp player base. I applied for recruit 2 weeks after joining perp for the first time.

6 months later, I applied for member. I was promptly rejected.

I asked for a name change, and started again in Perp with my new name. I hung out with some of the members at the time, and when I reapplied a month later, I was accepted.

2 months after that, one of the HG members kindly bought me CSGO after I said I was interested in it in the Shout Box. I installed it and immediately joined Jailbreak. After being kicked twice for having the HG member tags on, which were totally legit, I applied for free admin, and started playing Jailbreak instead of Perp.

After a month of Jailbreak, the perp Mod applications opened up, which I applied for. I received one of the moderator positions, and since my CSGO refuses to start, I now only play Perp.

In 3~4 months, I will have been here for a year.

I am expecting great things from this community in the coming year(s). :)

I came across HG when a friend and I got addicted to crackhouse. A month or so after I started playing on crackhouse I took about a 2 year break from CSS to play other games. Upon coming back a different friend got me addicted to jailbreak. I love the HG servers and decided to join up.

Believe it or not i came across HG just by endless hours of scrolling down the Servers on Steam, First server i ever got into was Jailbreak just because it would say 60/64 players most of the time. then after while playing Jailbreak so much i decided to Join HG just because i had such a great time in that Server.

• 4 weeks later...

I was randomly searching for a minigame/deathrun and saw it. At first I thought it was the ]HeLL[ server or whatever because they have a deathrun with high ping and I was like "hey, they changed location!"

Soon I realized, completely different clan. :)

2011 - I played used to play DARKRP in 2011 and after getting bored of it I found a server that was called [HG] Fast DL Zombie Survival. I was like theres a zombie survival game mode? After playing a couple of games I received many points knowing that points could be saved on there. I kept playing there for about a total of 2 months or so but then gmod just kinda got boring for me and I drifted off into console gaming. In 2012 somewhere in december I start to become active on Gmod again and realize the HG zombie survival server was still up and alot more active with players. I played for 2 more months or so and I started seeing more [HG] players and up more often than I last remembered. During that time I met Rizon who was still a DL and Adam Cole who was a member but was promoted to Advisor a few days later after I met him. Rizon one day messaged me saying "Hey think that I can trust you with ulx?" I responed with "Im pretty sure I can why?" "Do 'ulx who' in console" as I did the command I was serveradmin and I realized that If I can be acknowledged for my action on a tiny server that barely any [HG] players go on then it can be the same if I join HG and I did :D

I was a 10 year old playing on another jailbreak server. They banned me when I got a mic. Switched over to death run as my main play style even though I sucked (and still do) Always played on the hg deathrun server but under a different player name (I think it was Cuddles or something) Someone eventually mentioned you guys hosted a Jailbreak server so I got on and thought "Wow, this has a lot of people on it..." I thought it was dumb how the maps never changed because it made it harder to rebel if there couldn't be new methods. Also, some chick was talking about stimulating a man during sex via his prostate with her finger. Nope'd out of there and went to Deathrun for a while after. Lost CSS out of the old computer and didn't download it again until a year or so later. Eventually downloaded it again in late 2010 and started playing Jailbreak. Applied to join Hg a few months after that but again my computer crashed and we didn't buy a new one for a while after so I lost recruit status. Reapplied yesterday and am again an HG recruit.

• Like 1

I started about a year ago when I saw lots of youtube videos of people playing gmod, so I bought gmod but it was this £15 deal where you got CS:S and gmod. So I played loads of gmod, ttt, darkrp etc. and when I finally downloaded CS:S I was looking on gametracker at popular servers and saw [HG] Jailbreak with lots of likes, popularity. So I joind the server, vaguely knew the rules after briefly reading the motd, and I've been playing ever since and till 2 days ago I applied for recruit because HG is such a great gaming community :D!

• 2 weeks later...

Used to play TTT on C.S.I server but they had some problems and the server went down when like all the TTT ppl who worked the server left. So I was lookin at playin zombie survival and HG caught my eye since it saved your points. Been playin ZS on HG server since.

For me it was in 2010 on the HG dust_2 deathmatch CSS. At first I didn't know how to play then a few weeks later I became better at the game so I decided to go back to the server and try again. And that is mainly the start of my story of coming across HG.

I actually came across HG back in 08 and I played on their CSS Jailbreak server... it was much different as was my name. This year, I felt I really loved being on HG servers, so why not become a part of the community, become member, then maybe eventually admin! I had joined other clans before... but to be honest, so far, this clan has far surpassed other clans like =PG=, Swoobles!, -SCA-, etc...