Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Admin teamswitching and LR music

JJK

I have always felt the vibe that admins are allowed to switch themselves team, which is an incentive to buying admin. I can honesty picture someone saying "Dammit been waiting 20 minutes to be a ct, i should go buy admin"

But in JB i notice admins spamming NO TEAMSWITCHING YOURSELF wait like everyone else!

Also, should music be allowed during LR (one song at a time)

vote if you dont mind, multiple choice

Edited by JJK

i like the music part because it can be kind of like an award for the t's who win lr. also when i first bought admin i ts myself pretty much every round. i then realized it may have been abuse so i stopped. it would be cool if admins could ts themselves. to tell you the truth, it was half the reason why i bought admin.

I don't mind if we go back to the old teamswitching rules to where if you switch yourself and the ratio is 2:1 its fine.

EDIT: I also think music during LR should be allowed, but only at the T's request or by the T themselves playing the song.

Three things;

1. No, admins should not teamswitch yourself as being an admin is about keeping the servers fun to play on, and enforcing the rules. Being admin is not about Un-Fair play.

2. Song's should NOT be played during LR because if a T has a custom LR and wants to say it he can, and it cuts off 33.333% of communication. As well as some people might not want to hear that music.

3. I would definitely rather a spork

I have always felt the vibe that admins are allowed to switch themselves team, which is an incentive to buying admin. I can honesty picture someone saying "Dammit been waiting 20 minutes to be a ct, i should go buy admin"

But in JB i notice admins spamming NO TEAMSWITCHING YOURSELF wait like everyone else!

Also, should music be allowed during LR (one song at a time)

vote if you dont mind, multiple choice

1) No.

2) Yes.

To explain further, here's Dan Rather:

This is Dateline 20/20 with a special report as to why teamswitching as an administrator is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. It is shown that the system has a preset balance to where it'll only allow someone to join the other team if there's 2 players above double of the other team. See, we've got special insider information that when someone from a Terrorist team joins the Counter-Terrorist team, it subtracts one from the evacuating team and adds one to the target team. Here's our special 3-D (get those Avatar Glasses ready) example overview:

23 Terrorists : 11 Counter-Terrorists.

-1 Terrorist : +1 Counter-Terrorist. (This is the teamswitch)

============================

22 Terrorists : 12 Counter-Terrorists.

22/2=11 (True target amount of CT cap) : 12*2=24 (Necessary amount of T's minimum for that amount of CT's)

The math is basic and simple, but it's not needed to be done manually by person, as it's done on the back-end of things by the system. If done manually, there's an increased percentage chance of calculation errors which may leave an imbalance.

~Just in, we have a special report about music being part of a Terrorist's Last Request: They're going to die anyways (or reset actions through a time way distortion), so why not allow them to enjoy themselves. That's not to say that we should allow them to rant on continuously with random non-sense (HLSS recorded short verses), as that will reduce the moral of remaining population exposed to such content.

I think an admin should be allowed to switch himself

But he needs to keep the game fair

so example an admin can switch himself when it's 34-11

but not when it's 20-10

And I think the Ts should be allowed to ask for music during their LR if they would like to.

I try to be cool about teamswitch stuff. Before I do anything I always check for afk CT's. Then I'll wait a round and see who is doing what as far as giving orders and such. Then I look at the scores, if there is a shitty CT without a mic, not killing anyone, not helping CT's, Ill check to see if he recently joined CT, if not, then I may swap myself for him on the round end.

If someone voices that they want to be a CT I always make a mental note, if I leave CT I may PM them from steam or in game letting them know a spot is about to open.

I think that's fair.

edit: I don't think they should ever swap themselves and stack more CT's than naturally allowed.

Edited by Never trust a hippie

Its not fair to team switch yourself having admin is not giving yourself advantages over other players.

It's just the role you play, it doesn't effect the gameplay which side you are on, as long as you are not switching others and making the teams uneven. Admin is supposed to give an incentive over normal players, its what supports the server, and this is a pretty harmless advantage I say.

It's just the role you play, it doesn't effect the gameplay which side you are on, as long as you are not switching others and making the teams uneven. Admin is supposed to give an incentive over normal players, its what supports the server, and this is a pretty harmless advantage I say.

I agree here.

Just please don't stack the ratio over +2 please...and maybe we need to make council/staff/veteran teamswitching silent to hush some players from thinking it's unfair.

I think that Admins should not be able to team-switch themselves and music should be played on lr but if someone asks you to stop, you stop.

How about I just disable the team join menu and teamswitch command and have retard ct's voted to T?

Good thinking Crosshair. Make a command such as "!votebadct" so T's can choose to switch bad c'ts that don't contribute. Also make sure that the number of t votes needed is fair calculating afk's, people who dont bother to vote and so on.

As long as admins don't do it excessively (teamswitch themselves every time they get on, regardless of ratio and play) it shouldn't be a problem. People pay for admin to have special privileges. As long as it's not overdone it should be fine.

The whole admins teamswitching themselves is just a loophole that allows for team stacking.

We've always said that buying admin is just a way to support the clan and that we give them admin functions as a thank you, but we seem to be going more towards giving the admins advantages, like $16k, free weapons, allowing them to teamswitch, etc. I think regular players and people who are not fortunate enough to be able to purchase admin frown upon the advantages being given, nevermind the ego-trip the admins can get from being able to do such things. Players wait half an hour even up to an hour to be able to switch to CT, and some don't get a chance because of the balancer. To allow an admin to come on and immediately put themself on what team they want really isn't okay.

If the CTs are not doing a good job, I think it's acceptable for an admin to switch some of the CTs to T (the ones who don't have mics and are doing poorly) and switch themselves + others to CT. But I really don't think admins should be teamswitching themselves if the team balancer doesn't allow them to do it normally.

How about I just disable the team join menu and teamswitch command and have retard ct's voted to T?

That wouldn't be a bad idea, tbh. The votefk is impossible to use as it is, but having some way to remove CTs would be nice.

I'd like to see us HG members try to always be T and let other players try CT out.

YESSS!!

I don't see how you can say that when people leave the server because they're unable to join a team because of the balancer and as they patiently wait an admin joins the server and types !teamswitch @me, making it about as obvious as sin and stacks the teams. Now, if another CT leaves, that person who wanted to join CT still can't because the ratio's been thrown off. That happens fairly frequently. The ratio isn't perfectly 2:1 either. A lot of time and thought was put into how the ratio should work (skype night with bort, Moto, and I comes to mind as we failed at doing the math). There really is no time when the team balancer won't let you join CT that you should be forcing yourself onto the team. As far as teamswitching "without making the teams uneven", why would they use their admin for that? They don't know how the ratio works. It varies with different numbers of players. They should have the same chance at getting CT as John Smith who is playing JB for his first time.

If you need more good CTs, switch some of the bad CTs and then join CT.

Music on LR is fine. It would be rather hypocritical if I said no considering I've been doing that non-stop since I joined HG. It's super-okay if it's your LR or if the person LRing says it's fine/requests it, but not so okay if one of the people LRing says to stop.

And of course, if it's terrible quality, etc it's not so okay either.

Teamswitch -1

Music +1

Sporks Hell yes.

Edited by Slazenger
Colors!

as an opinion: team switching, i think that as long as admin's arent OVER stacking on CT, it isnt a big deal, and in no way do i think there should be a "rule" AGAINST it, as long as the admin keeps things fair he/she is not causing harm by picking w/e side he/she wants, and even tho the QQ nitpickers will say "*sniffle* that's unfair and cheating", as long as it's not 1:1 or 2:1(CT benefit) im sure no one would even notice, unless you're one of those whiny needs something to complain about ppl and check the server roster every round(get a life then), and admins are not immune to being reported or banned,so if they are taking advantage of being able to team switch, report them,simple, it's a win for the admins(note: the ppl that SUPPORT keeping our servers up) and the QQer's

music sure why not i rarely let myself survive long enough to lr anyway lol

Edited by Nighte

i think that admins should only switch if a 2:1 ratio is kept, or if the current ct's have few people with a mic that are willing to lead, and the admin has a mic and would lead.

And the music i think should only be played at request by the T or played by the T themselves.. i know i wouldnt want some stupid shit spammed by somone during my lr, somthing stupid like the amazing horse song.

I dont think admin teamswitching is a problem honestly. I havent ever seen it abused and if so, so what? They are paying $15 a month. We might as well let them have priority team choices. I think its more fun to be T anyway, but whatever floats that boat of yours.

Music during LR would be fun. I only live to LR like 2/100 times. And I dont custom LR.