Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Basically comes down to this...

Cypher'

Alot of discussion has been going on about admin and its abuse.. paying for it or free...

Basically it comes down to maturity really... In fact new and old admins need to be screened or watched. some people buy it just to abuse it. Literally.. and unless there is somebody from HG or even a group actually watching this is what will happen.

Either way the need for admin is great yes but the level of choas on the Hells gamers network is even greater. Mature admins are needed to keep the network clean and fun. That probably should be stated somewhere..

...some people buy it just to abuse it. Literally..

Then they are thanked for their $15 donation.

There is already a system in place for this, and it's called the Abuse Reports section of the forums.

I did name a way.. screen your admins.. pretty much if you don't ...people are basically paying to abuse there powers. It was stated elsewhere in this forum that people just completely ignore the admin rules.. as they are not asked to read them anywhere in the admin process. They are paying for their powers, they are paying to use them, they are paying to do whatever want with them cause no one told them they couldn't. If you want good admins either watch and/or screen your admins or just not care about your network cause thats basically whats happening. FyI .. I am not crying for higher admin. I don't even have the admin that I am paying for currently :/

I did name a way.. screen your admins.. pretty much if you don't ...people are basically paying to abuse there powers. It was stated elsewhere in this forum that people just completely ignore the admin rules.. as they are not asked to read them anywhere in the admin process. They are paying for their powers, they are paying to use them, they are paying to do whatever want with them cause no one told them they couldn't. If you want good admins either watch and/or screen your admins or just not care about your network cause thats basically whats happening. FyI .. I am not crying for higher admin. I don't even have the admin that I am paying for currently :/

@Admin Issues - Make support ticket

@Rant - If people want to go ahead and pay $15 to ban everyone for a server, then thats their obligation. It will take us all of 2 seconds to reverse what they did, remove their admin, and gladly accept their $15 donation. The screening process you are referring to is already in place in that its the $15, if you really have that much cash to burn then have fun but more then likely people won't just continue to pour money into something for 5 seconds of typing "/ban @all 0 lolz".

people won't just continue to pour money into something for 5 seconds of typing "/ban @all 0 lolz".

Experience??? :)

And it tells you to read the admin rules when you sign up for the subscription, so don't say that it doesn't. Us not telling them to read the rules and them not reading the rules are two different things.

Just an Idea, Maybe we have a group of about 10 people for each server, just to keep watch of admins and make sure they are not abusing. These people will obviuosly not be known by others on who they are (as admins would stop abusing when the person joins the server). If you get what I mean..

They may also have the right to kick/ban someone (if its serious enough) withought posting it on the forums, just notify JJK, Homer, Beast etc. on what has happened?

^ Someone hacked Big John's phone again...........

And about this secret police admin patrol Enigmo is suggesting (yes I said secret police for a reason), it sounds like nothing but deception and unecessary fearmongering. Admins are already carefully watching their own asses for people who will report them. We don't need a SELECT group of people to do that. You see someone abusing? Record a demo, take Screenshots, make a report, ???, profit. We're going to keep repeating this until people actually DO IT instead of complaining that the system doesn't work. It works... lol...

The admins who abuse are dealt with swiftly. Usually after one or two infactions they will lose it. The system in place works fine the way it is. Have a "team" dedicated would probably be less efficient then having the whole community reporting abusive admins.

Just an Idea, Maybe we have a group of about 10 people for each server, just to keep watch of admins and make sure they are not abusing. These people will obviuosly not be known by others on who they are (as admins would stop abusing when the person joins the server). If you get what I mean..

They may also have the right to kick/ban someone (if its serious enough) withought posting it on the forums, just notify JJK, Homer, Beast etc. on what has happened?

We already have this, its called staff, and for your secrete police force its called ghosting which as they are exempt from the tag enforcer is fairly easy (no to mention the reason as to why they are exempt). However you are free to indoctrinate yourself into this taskforce by simply observing admin abusing, and either reporting them on the forums with a demo or call one of the popo(staff) on your friends list into the server.

@Anonymau5 - Your math is off, your forgot to divide by server cost.

Edited by Papa John